Chapter 21 - Bad Moon Rising

"I always loved the way you'd look at me when you were playing a show. Along the way, I'd got to know your pretty face and electric soul."

All I could think of doing was writing songs. Although, I knew that the first two lines I'd just written were crap. I couldn't think of anything good when all I could think of was the missing people in my life. There was a possibility that it could now be missing bodies. I couldn't trust Tyde to tell me the truth. Unless someone wanted to hear a song about death and kidnappers. There was nothing to pass the time. I had tried everything; going to get food, checking my social media, listening to music, calling Steele, but nothing worked. I was along in this world. There was still two hours until nightfall. I just don't think I can wait any longer. I decided to sleep.

-:-:-:-

I woke in darkness. I saw nothing in front of me or around me. I remember falling asleep in the back roads, where there contained almost no vegetation besides the seldom tree. But where was the moonlight? Surely there wasn't a new moon already.

Still in my waking state, befuddled and confused, I reached for my phone. I could feel the fresh summer air on my skin, which is something I don't usually feel because I'm not one for the outdoors. I tapped on my flashlight app and stood up. What a long day it had been and now I was too much awake to go back to sleep. I had to be careful, though. If Tyde spotted this light I'd be doomed.

I shone the light on my path. I wondered about what I was going to do with the rest of the night. Then, I wondered about what I was going to do with the rest of my life. That is, if I made it to age 19.

"Fuck." I whispered into the dark.

My age was a depressing subject, wasn't it? It never used to be. But in a week I will most likely be dead... On my birthday! Truly morbid.

Well, I made my way to the back door, which we rarely ever used. And since that was the case, we left it unlocked. Plus, the town was so tiny, no crimes were committed besides a shoplift or two. Of course, there was the murder case of Robert O' Grady recently.

A nice way to look at this was: If we're all alone, then we're all together in that."

Oh, jeez, if I live to be 19 I am so going to tweet that.

I opened the back door as quietly as I could. One squeak could give me away and I certainly did not want that. I looked into the kitchen. The little light above the stove wasn't on. It really was unbearably dark.

"Ugh!"

The loud grunt made me jump. I followed the noise to the den. There, Tyde stood with an axe in his hands. And there lay my mum and dad. In the corner was Tyler, he was tied up and gagged just like my parents were. Tyde was taking practice swings, taking his time, as he did not know that I was with him. But I knew that he would be getting down to business really soon. And just as if he could read my thoughts, Tyde turned to face his parents. My parents.

With his axe at the readt I finally took notice to the room around me. The walls were covered in plastic and there were three hazmat disposal buckets. That is when I realized that he wasn't just going to murder them... He was going to torture them.

Tyde swung down with such force that when I blinked the axe had already made contact with the human flesh. And just like that my mum's arm was gone. I gasped, it was my only reaction. I had just given myself away. My baby brother turned and gave me a truly menacing stare. "Look who made it!"

I stood there, in shock of what had just happened.

"Does it scare you to see baby brother chopping up nearly half of your family?"