Chapter 2

Sorry forgot to clarify this in the last chapter. AJ was 21 in the last book and she and Marco has been together for 7 years so she's 28 and Marco is 29 now. They've been married for 4 years and their son is 2.

AJ in mm for all those who forgot what she looks like.

AJ's POV.

"Mommy." Little hands tug at the sheets waking me up.

"Hmm?" I crack open my eyes.

I always leave my room door open and the hall light on in case Vecko wakes during the middle of the night.

"Tummy hurts." he cries.

I sit up pulling him up on the bed and into my arms cradling him as he cries in my chest and I feel Marco start to stir beside me.

"What's wrong with him?" His voice comes out groggy.

"Tummy ache." I answer as Vecko continues to cry. "I'm going to take him to the doctor."

"But don't you have the meeting with the Mexicans? "

"Yeah, but my son comes first."

"I'll take him to the doctor and you can go to your meeting."

"Ok." I look down at Vecko as his sobs turn into sniffles.

"What do you want for breakfast? You have to eat something." I look down at Vecko.

"Suice."

"You can't have juice for breakfast "

"Suice bubi." he stretches for Marco.

"You need to eat." Marco says sternly and he nods.

I swear this child doesn't listen to me but then again I don't really behave stern with him. I have anger issues I know that for sure and the last thing I would want would be for my son to be on the receiving end of my anger.

"Do you want some nuggets? " Marco asks taking him from me. He nods and Marco just sits looking at him.

"Yes daddy. " he answers .

"Good let's go." Marco stands with him and he wraps his hands around Marco's neck.

I look over at the time and see that it's a little after 7 so I decide to get ready for my meeting.

I shower and do my morning routine before getting dressed in some ripped jeans, a sweatshirt and braid my hair going back. I push my gun in my waistband and snap on my distress watch.

I walk downstairs to see Marco and Vecko eating and talking.

"Bye baby. Love you" I kiss Vecko on the cheek.

"Luh you too." He says with his mouth full.

"Did you make the doctor 's appointment? " I ask Marco

"Yeah." He waves his phone at me and I nod."Later." I kiss him and he grips my waist.

"Later that ass is mine." he whispers before letting me go.

"Just call me if anything happens."He says concerned and I nod.

"Do you have on your watch?" He asks and I hold up my hand showing him the watch on my wrist.

"Are you strapped? "

"Always baby" I call heading to the door.

It's so cute how after all this time he's still worried about my safety even though I've been doing this longer than him.