Chapter 21

AJ's POV

I am tired of all these green stuff Marco has me eating and drinking. I haven't eaten some real food in three days and I'm craving for something other than vegetables.

"Baby mama?" He calls walking into the kitchen with Vecko behind him.

"Mmm?" I answer using the fork to push around the salad I have in front of me.

Do you know what it feels like to be pregnant and hungry but all they feed you is leaf?

"Why aren't you eating I thought you were hungry?" He asks and I shrug.

"Yeah mommy, eat vegetables. Dey good fo you." Vecko smirks at me and I want to just bend it like Beckham with his head.

"You can have some then since it's so healthy. " I take up a fork full of leaf and push it in his direction.

"Nuh uh" he laughs then runs out the kitchen.

"I'm leaving, be back soon." Marco kisses my forehead then my stomach.

I nod at him a little disappointed but I ask no questions because I know I won't be able to sit still and I don't need Marco being mad at me right now.

"How long will you be gone?"

"Probably just an hour. Why?"

"Nothing." I peck his lips then watch as he struts out of veiw.

I sit silently and listen until I hear the front door close then the roar of his engine.

I run from the kitchen grabbing my car keys on the way and rush to the garage.

I open the driver door since it's closer then stretch over and reach into the glove compartment.

I smile successfully when I retrieve my burger and fries. I close up the car and walk back to the kitchen inhaling the sweet aroma of the hamburger.

This is how I have been surviving. I sit at the island in the kitchen and unwrap my burger taking time to wallow in it's beauty.

I take a bite and shove two fries in my mouth. The juices from the burger tangle in my taste buds and for a quick moment I'm filled with nothing but love.

"I tell bubi!" I turn to see Vecko standing with his arms crossed over his little chest.

He's such a daddy's boy sometimes I want to just choke him.

"Baby mommy eat bad food." He says rubbing my stomach and I smile at the interaction they're having.

He sees Marco talk to my stomach so he copies.

"No the babies asked for this kind of food."

"Babies talk?" He looks up at me with wide eyes and mouth wide open like I just told him the most fascinated thing yet.

He pulls at my shirt and I lean over to him so my body is closer to him and my belly is closer to his face. He places his ear on my stomach, closing his eyes as if listening hard.

After a couple minutes he pulls away with a pout.

"I hear nothing. " He frowns.

"That's because they're sleeping." I try to reason but then the babies start to kick and his hand was still on my stomach so he felt it. He steps back and gives me a like like he's saying really mommy and I just laugh.

"Can have one please?" he holds up one finger then points at the fries.

"Weren't you just going to tell on me?" I laugh and he shrugs.