Chapter 17

AJ's POV

I sit at the island using my fork to play in the eggs on my plate contemplating everything that happened last night.

"I made breakfast." I say when Marco comes in the kitchen.

"I'm not hungry." He brushes pass me and goes to the fridge.

"Marco can we talk?"

"There's nothing to talk about boss lady." He answers with a flat tone rummaging through the fridge.

He hasn't called me that in years and I know things are bad.

"Mar-" I start but he cuts me off.

"There's nothing to talk about AJ. You did your shit without talking to me so now I'm looking out for my kids. Be ready in a hour and a half." He slams the fridge door and storms out leaving me.

I tuck my top lip in my mouth and rest my hands on the counter resting my head in my them.

I've done him wrong... That much I know but what I'm sure of is that I haven't done him so bad that he needs to be giving me the cold shoulder.

When Marco get hurts he shuts down and that's where the problem arises. If Marco wants to be cold he can and we all can verify that from when he beheaded Beyanka and removed the foetus from her belly.

I'm trying not to make him shut down completely on me because I know if he does there's no redeeming myself.

"Mommy!!!" Vecko screams running into my arms and I wipe my eyes and smile at him.

"Hey baby!" I hug him just as excited.

"Mit you so much!!" He grins and I return his smile.

"I missed you too baby." I kiss all over his face.

He laughs pushing me away and then stretches for my plate on the counter.

"Want some?" I ask and he nods.

I grab the plate I made for him from the microwave leaving Marco's. I take his little hand in mine and lead him to the dining table. I pull out a chair and place him in it putting his food in front him.

I sit and watch him eat until he's finished I take our plates and wash them.

"Let's go get you cleaned up." I smile at him and he nods.

We head up the stairs with Vecko infront of me singing but I'm really not sure what he's saying.

"Weh yah go?" Marvo's voice stops me in my tracks and I turn to face him while Vecko continues on the journey to his room.(where you going?)

"I'm going to get Vecko ready." I look at him as he stands in our doorway.

"I'll take care of Evecko, don't worry about it. I've been doing a good job, you just do you." He says nonchalantly.

"Marco don't start." I search his eyes trying to find at least a little hope for us. "Can we talk for a minute?" I plead.

"What is there to talk about? You made your decision without consulting me so I done made mine."

"I did it to protect us Romarco. To save our family."

"How? How did you save us?"

"Marco he came at me when I was with Vecko! What did you expect me to do? I had to get him off our backs if it was just for a little." I said getting frustrated and raising my voice.

"First off lower your fucking voice." He growls under his breath."And if you had told me from you just found out that wouldn't have happened. We would have dealt with it. What you seem to forget is that you are no longer just a 'Queenpin' but your responsibilities of a mother comes first. Not even being my wife is as important as being a mother. The fact you disregarded that you was pregnant and had a child is fucked up and until you get that in your thick skull you ain't ready for motherhood." He brushes pass me and makes his way to Vecko's room.