Chapter 30

AJ's POV

"I'll be back." Marco kisses me on forehead then Vecko's forehead then my stomach.

"Bring me back some food please."

"Meeeee too bubi." Vecko smiles.

"Do I not buy groceries? " He cocks a brow.

"I don't know, do you bubi?" My three year old looks from his father to me.

"Yes do you bubi?" I grin imitating Vecko.

"No fast food. I made vegetable juice go drink that." He says heading towards the door.

Marco is still trying to feed me leaves. It's so damn annoying but I can't complain. I just sneak me some junk food while he's gone.

"Let's go eat ice cream." I smile at Vecko and he jumps off the couch and runs to the kitchen.

"Hey, wait up! " I shout walking extra slow.

"Nobody told you to get fat boo thang." He stops in his tracks then runs back for me.

This little boy is so rude, I could just strangle him.

I open the fridge and grab the chocolate syrup, ice cream and whip cream, I grab the blender from the cupboard and get to work.

I put Vecko to sit on the counter beside me. I throw the ice cream and pour some of the syrup and then I blend. When we're finished I pour it in two cups and add whip cream.

Vecko sits on the counter and I bend forward using my elbows to support me while we drink in silence.

"Mommy?" I look up at Vecko and he looks so scared.

"Yes baby?" I stop and give him my full attention.

"Will you stop love me when sisses come?" His voice was soft and his eyes downcast.

"Awww. I'll never stop loving you boo thang." I joke but he looks up at me with tears.

"Why would you think that baby?" I take his ice cream from his hands and put it on the counter and take him into my arms.

We walk out of the kitchen with his head on my shoulder and he's crying.

"Talk to me." I say when I sit in the couch.

"Uncle Tommy said that you won't remember me anymore and bubi won't love me." he cries and my heart tugs in my chest.

These fools are always troubling my child and I pray for the day he learns to use a gun.

"That will never happen. I will always love you. You might not get a lot of attention the first three months because they're gonna be really tiny but you're gonna be a good big brother and help mommy right?" I ask and he smiles and nods.

"I'll always love you. Even when you're 105." I say excitedly.

"I'll be that many?"His face turns from sad to shocked.

"Can you count to ten for me?" I pout and bat my eyelashes.

"1....2..." He continues to count and we walk back to the kitchen so I can wash up the dirty things.

"7.....9...10" He finishes doing a little dance.

"You forgot eight." I point out.

"No I didn't. " He continues to do his weird little dance.

"Yes you did." I say and he stops and looks at me seriously.

"Uncle D says we don't say eight cause we don't hate these hoes." He tells me and same time I here the front door open.