Chapter 14

Serena's POV

I slowly unravelled myself from his warm grasp. I look to at him, and we both give each other weak smiles. His hands slowly reaches to my face, cups and and wipes away the tears with the single, swift stroke of his hand. I was getting lost in the tingling sensation of our touching skins.

You want him.

No you don't

Yes you do.

Shut up! you can't have him!

I want him, but I can't have him.

I have come here to visit my friends and to see what has changed in the three years of my absence. But most of all, to feel connected to my family again; to my brother.

Not ride into the sunset with his bestfriend,and international pop star;

as we break apart Louis asks me the one question that I fear most.

"Are you ok?"

No I'm not ok, I may really, really, REALLY like my brothers best friend, which may utterly destroy our almost non-existant friendship for thee past three years; and I am stuck with all of you till the end of summer...

"Yeah I'm ok." I replied, flashing an even weaker smile than before. thank goodness he decides that this is not one of those moments to push me for asnwers so he brushes it off, wraps his arms around me and we head inside to collect the food.

*******

I don't understands what he does, but everytime I am around him, my heart seems to race. He makes me happy...genuinly happy.

We were walking out of the shop and I was in a completely different mind-set than I was 14 minutes ago. His arm still closely wrapped around me, we headed for the car. We both sit down and I had noticed that both Jessie's, Viv's, Michaels eyes were on me, Zayns, Calum's and Harry's on Louis; with of course Ashton and Niall trying to look anywhere but us; typical.

At the corner of my eyes, I see Harry shooting me a sympathetic look, I simply scowl and turn my head to the other direction. Could he just leave me alone for two mintues! Is that to much to ask for?

I then hear Jessie whispering reasuring words into his ear; I had finally gotten in a better mood, were they really going to ruin it now? I simply shake my head and ignore the little conversations being started around the car for the rest of the trip home.

As soon as the ignition was turned off by Michael, I swung the door open, grabbed my stuff and went to wait at the door; all I wanted to do was ignore the world.

"You know the doors open right?" Harry mumbled as he came, nudged me to the side and held down the handle.

"Well whose idea was it to leave the door open? What if some burglar decided to come to THE Harry Styles' home and ransack the place!"

"It was your idea Ser." He said walking into the house.

"Shut up." I mumbled as I started to walk in the direction of my room. I was stopped by the thought that we needed to sort out the sleeping arrangements for tonight and most of all, eat the food.

I walk back to everyone and we all blankly look at each other.

"Ok, since no one else is going to speak I guess I will. Viv, Jessie you guys in my room, and the rest of you can sort it out." I said as I gave them a smile and grabbed the hands of my two friends and opened the pizza box to grab half. I saw a slight faulter in Viv's lips and I knew why.

"Viv, I'm sure you can last without him for one night." I said as I rolled my eyes, maybe a bit more harshly than excpected. "I need you guys tonight." I whispered as we entered my room.

**********************

Once we had all gotten changed, I had gotten in my bed, as Jessie got in the other side, and Viv on the floor. Just like old times, except Sally would probably sprawl herself somewhere in the middle of all of us.

"Ok, lets get down to business." Jessie had said, being the direct and confident person that she is.

"I think I'm in love with my brothers best friend. I hate change, I'm paranoid and I have a hidden grudge against Harry and may or may not have felt neglected by him for the past three years." I said freely. It felt good.

"Well that was quick." Viv commented which made us all laugh. Soon enough we were all laughing at each other

"But the plus side of all of this, is that I get to spend the night with my favourite poeple; just like before we left." I said as I grinned to the girls. With that we all wrapped in a long and well earned hug.

The rest of the night consisted of tears, laughter, yelling, cursing and pure joy. After a couple of hours, we had all passed out and let our dreams take over, but of course I am to much of an over thinker to actually relax. I was still thinking whether to share the events of what happened in those couple hours; but I will when it's necessary. There was one thing that had slipped my mind though, what were Jessie and Harry talking about?

***********

I had opened my eyes to a pitch black room; I stood up and tried to reach the door, but of course tripped on Viv, and fell to the floor, making the most noice as possible behind me. I stood up, composed myself and looked down to see a still sleeping Viv. That girl makes me laugh...

I slowly open the door, and it creaking every inch opened.

I slowly tiptoed over to the kitchen, opening the fridge and poured myself a glass of milk; whenever I couldn't sleep, this was my drug. Milk; I know how interesting, but hey, I'm a kid at heart!

I grabbed my milk and walked over to the couch. Just as I was about to sit down, I saw a black figure already sitting in my spot.

"Oh shit!" I whisper/screamed. All he did was sit there and chuckle at my reaction to him giving me a heart attack.

"Did you maybe want to make yourself visable to me?" I yelled at him.

"Well I wanted to see what you were going to do!" He replied, and I simply smiled and sat down next to him. A good minute had gone by before he said something.

"Michael and Viv really hit it off." He said trying to make conversation.

"Dude, if any two poeple were made for eachother it was them. I mean, I don't even try to comprehend half the things they do but hey! I don't question it! I replied.

"So why are you up this late Luke? Or early...whatever you want to call it." I asked him, truly curious.

"I was thinking about her, about me. Wondering if I should eve-"

You are not going to finish that sentence because I will not listen to any of that bullshit. Jessie is an amazing girl. A girl worth fighting for. You like her? Then show her that! ...but don't do it publicly. We don't want any reprocutions of what happened tonight do we?" She has feelings for you, but she is too proud to admit it, so earn her trust, let her know that you are worth her time ."

He simply sat there, nodded, listened and laughed at the appropriate times. I had finally stopped and I simply looked at him.

"Thank you, Serena. I feel like since you had helped me, maybe I could do the same for you?"

"Hunnie, my problems go way deeper than what happened tonight." I replied as I started to get up.

"But thanks anyway."

"I thought I would try. He said as a cracked me a smile and got up with me.

As I stared to walk back to my room one last thing to say came to me.

"Luke?" I called.

"Hm?" He replied.

"Remember, she is a girl you would be lucky to have,you could even say she is a bit 'Out of Your Limit' and I swear to god if you hurt her in anyway I will personally make your life hell." I said as I smiled, flipped my hair and walked back towards my room, leaving him in pure astonishment.