Chapter 24

Serena's POV

I had once read in a novel: Every meeting led to a parting, and so it would, as long as life was mortal. In every meeting there was some of the sorrow of parting, but in everything parting there was some of the joy of meeting as well. Parting ways with everyone was inevitable, there will always be that sorrow and unhappiness in separating yourself from the ones you love most, but in that parting, you also have the joy of been given the opportunity of meeting them as well. This quote being the most relatable to my current predicament now driving through the streets of London, on our way to drop me off at the airport. If I would ever have to thank my brother for anything, it would be for introducing me to all these crazy creatures …

I had already given my farewells to my parents, sister and home before leaving for the airport this morning.

 Sitting in this van, thinking about the day that had just past by it came to me that simply nothing interesting had occurred. It had dragged on as if it was an utter, never ending cycle of negativity, to only be relieved at the end of the night by someone finally deciding to declare truce.

That most certainly was not me.

The silence of everyone’s voices yesterday  had only seized, when I had walked out of my bedroom last night and walk straight into a group hug with Niall and the other boys excluding Louis and my brother. I had grown so fond of each and every one of them it’s so hard to believe I had never met them before till now!

Niall and I instantly had that bond over food, and I loved the fact I could always have an eating buddy in the middle of the night.

Zayn and I had that silent bond, we just understood each other without even speaking. If I wanted a Nutella sandwich, he knew to just get me one … then Sally came along and I’m sure we all know how that goes. The girlfriend always trumps the Nutella sandwich apparently.

Oh Liam, our relationship was similar to mine and Harry’s, quite brother sister like, and that’s why I love him!

Now on to Ashton, Luke, Mike, and Cal. They are pretty much the coolest Aussie’s out. I don’t know whether it’s Michael's hair, Cal’s cuteness, the social awkwardness that fills Luke, or the pure unpredictability of Ashton’s personality that make them the most amazing people to be around, I don’t even know, they aren’t punk rock yet.

But if there is one thing I know for sure, that is if Luke or Mike hurt my friends in any way possible, they will wake up with their unmentionables stapled on their face. I don’t care how long the flight will be, I will find … and…well I’m sure you get the point.

I had my own type of relationship with each of these boys, and I am proud in the fact that I can now claim that we are friends.

Again reflecting back on the last couple of weeks that I’ve visited home, it has come to me that so much has changed for the better. I saw my family and friends again, I was reunited with my brother, and as cheesy as it sounds; I may have found the one for me.

Thinking back to the words that were exchanged during last nights group hug fiesta almost bring tears to my eyes.

Almost.

 (last night)

“I’m going to miss you so much it’s not even funny. I’ll miss you more than salt would pepper… like Minnie would Minnie!” Niall says, gripping me into the hug even more, squishing his face into the crook of my neck. “I don’t know what it’s going to be like without you here, it’s going to be like nachos without the cheese, or the doughnut without the jam!” Niall starts worrying once again.