Chapter 2

A/N: this might be confusing but I promise it all makes sense later. Hope you enjoy
Flashbacks are in between // \\
Warnings: swearing, (slight) pain

•And do you think you deserve your freedom. No I don't think you do. There's no justice in the world. And there never was•

//"your target is shield's nick fury. Bring him down in 10 days or less and make him trust you. I need mission report December 16th 1991 and I believe they have it. There's no way he'll let you close without trust. Then I need him dead, he knows to much" a cold finger was slowly dragged down my tear stained cheek. "I trust you will not fail, gorgeous" I tried to pull away from him but my limbs were tied to the chair. "You know what happens when you fail, don't you?" I nodded furiously. "Good. Go" then my restraints were gone along with that horrid man. I was alone in the dark room.
Then the door sprung open and I squinted at the bright light. I'd been stuck in that room for days, weeks maybe. I had no idea of time anymore.
The voices was getting to me but I to continue. I have to complete my mission. That's how it works. I complete and that man helps me calm the thoughts. He keeps the people I used to know safe. I don't know who they are anymore. It's been so long. If I fail and i'm tortured with something that enhances everything, my muscles - my eye sight - my telepathy and my telekinesis. That hurts the most.
The serum blocks my past and 'enhances the present to better the future' as he says. I have no idea who the boss is. I used to know. But he hides his face and covers my past.
As I stumble out and pick up the file that's on the floor. It tells me where to find my victim. I make my way to the location written and I check over my "persona". Apparently i'm a distant niece called Scarlett. I come from Brooklyn New York and i'm 18. Not bad. I meant to be a typical quiet geek girl and I can do that to be honest. I'm actually 20 (I think) but I can pass for an 18 year old.
Nick seems to know who I am as I approach he hugs me. He introduces me to some colleges and then an older lady called Peggy. She seems nice.
It seems I've already gained his trust.
After a day of "bonding" I ask to go see shield. And he takes me. After a tour he says he has a meeting and that i'm fine to wander and find some colleagues.
"I trust you Scarlett" he smiled and his eyes widen.
"Thanks uncle fury" I giggle and watch him walk away.
I go to the room where the files are and I use my telekinesis to get through the locks. Whilst i'm looking for the file a Grenade or bomb goes off and the security goes to shut down mode. I slow the door and slide through before it falls.
Then I make a run for it. I failed.
Shit.
Then it fades to black.
**
I wake up on a metal table again. Not this.
"Well well well. It took you two days to fuck it up. New record sweetheart. Your 'parents' came to collect you because it was unsafe and they was upset with fury. Found dead today, they was. Wonder who did that? And fury lost and eye. Sad isn't it." I felt his cold hands run up my arms and shoulders and I tensed up. "He was in so much pain. But not half as bad as what you'll get"
Then my restraints was tightened and a gag filled my mouth. Quickly they began injecting me with various neon coloured liquids. Then there was the burning through my muscles and the pained screams in my head.\\
I woke up sweating and panting. Then muse slowly filled my thoughts and pushed away my memories.
I hate this. I'm weak. He didn't  enhance me, he destroyed me. I can't think about this now.
So I peeled myself off my bed and made a light breakfast, not daring to take out my ear phones yet.
It was awfully desolate and dark then I realised it was 4:00am. Not again.
I made my day to the gym and tried to kill some time. I used all the usual equipment and weights and I tried to push myself further. Naturally.
I slowly began to relax and let my guard down. It was time for the final bit of training.
I stopped the music and ripped the earphones away. Instantly they came back. So much pain. so much fear.
My breathing became heavy and my chest burned again.
'Come on [Y/N]' I screamed in my head over the cries and pleas.
I tried desperately to relax my self but it would work. No matter how hard I pushed the thoughts they were too strong, and I was too weak.
I heard that man mocking me and laughing at me being unable to stop the voices.
I silently cried and pulled my legs up to my chest and buried my head. I continued to attempt normal breathing but nothing was working. I let the first tear fall and it was quickly joined by some more. I wanted to scream but I knew it was early, I was trying not to be seen as a freak. That definitely wouldn't help. 
I squeezed my eyes shut trying to stop the tears. I started to blank out. I couldn't hear anything else but the fear of the people around me. I couldn't stop it consuming me and swallowing me whole.
Then I felt some strong arms hold me and I started to hear again.
"[Y/N]!" It was faint at first but then I heard it again and again and each time it was louder.
I opened my eyes slowly to see some light blue eyes staring at me with fear.
Bucky.
Then I heard his thoughts. "[Y/N]. [Y/N] oh my god [Y/N] please please please. Wait is that her eyes? Oh my god she was awake. Wow her [E/C] eyes are- Bucky no! Shit what do I do. Panic. No don't"
"B- Bucky?" I said knowing speaking distracted me.
"[Y/N]! What happened are you okay?"
"Training. Trying to - control it" then he cupped my face and made me look him in the eye.
"Don't do this again without me doll okay? I wanna be here for you"
"Okay" I smiled and he pulled me into a hug. He reached for my earphones and played soldiers poem by muse again. He slipped the first one into my ear. The voices died down but I heard his thoughts again before he could put the other one in my ear.
"[Y/N]'s safety is going to be my priority. Everyone and everything else can wai-" then he was cut off as he slipped the other ear phone in and all I could hear was the calming sounds of music.

• Volume: 15 •