Chapter 17

A/N: hey hey. I'm trying to update but I might start slacking. It's my last year of school so ya know. But i'm doing quite well with all my books I think. Take note of this chapter... Anyway. Enjoy :) x

• Until the end of time, I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind; I truly adore you •

I fluttered my eyelids open as they adjusted to the morning light that had made its way in.
I finally looked at my surroundings.
Bucky had his arms around my waist and my head was in the crook of his neck. The earphone had fallen out my ear but it had managed to stay in Bucky's. His brown hair was messy and it partly covered his face, every time he softly snored his hair followed the direction of the air which made me giggle slightly.
I lay my head back down and allowed my hand to draw patterns on his rising and falling chest. I could feel the immense heat radiating from him.
I could stay here forever.
Last night was a night I promised myself I'll never forget. It meant a lot to me. I liked showing how much he meant to me.
Then I thought he would maybe like something to eat and drink. Like breakfast in bed.
I untangled our limbs and moved away from the bed. I watched Bucky wriggle and then he lay still.
I made my way to the kitchen quietly and made a fruit salad, French toast, 2 glasses of fresh orange, and a pot of tea.
I placed it all on a tray and just as i was about to pick it up and go back I heard shouting.
Slowly I made my way to the source of the noise.
The lab.
Inside, Tony and Bruce were shouting. Tony was flailing his arms and pointing at holograms. Bruce was nodding his head along and he folded his arms. I poked my head around the door slightly and tried to listen.
"Artificial intelligence" Bruce breathed and raised his head. "Are you thinking about Ultron?"
"Yes" Tony replies sternly.
"You know we can't do this Tony. Not without telling the team. We were not made to meddle"
"But we should"
"But-"
"Imagine if we could do this. We could save the world. It would be like having a suit of armour around the world" Tony butted in.
"That's a very cold world Tony..."Bruce trailed off. But I had heard enough.
I placed my hand over my mouth and try to hold back a gasp.
I unsteadily walk back to the kitchen, and when I get there I lean again the counter.
What are they going to do?
Will they tell us?
Were they ever going to tell us?
My breathing gets heavy and I try to steady it as I slowly fall to the floor.
"Lady [Y/L/N]?!" A voice shouted. I felt 2 unfamiliar muscular arms wrap around me. I showed my breathing like Bucky had taught me then I looked up, slightly shaking and saw someone I hadn't seen since the night I got drunk.
Thor.
"T-Thor?"
"What is wrong? Why is there food?"
"Oh- I- er- I heard something I shouldn't have" I said quickly. Thor's eyes widened and he looked slightly concerned. Then I realised my slight innuendo, and what he was probably thinking. But I don't think he should find out this way so I leave him to it. Then I sighed "and the food is for Bucky he's asleep right now"
"Well lady [Y/L/N] that food looks delicious so don't let that stop you" Thor smiled.
"Thank you Thor. I- I will see you soon" I said catching my breath. I picked up the tray and walked back to my room.
I was mentally conflicted. I didn't know the full story and i'm new so I don't think it's my place to tell anyone. I could read their minds and find out but i'm already someone "to watch" and I don't want to push that anymore.
I want them to trust me.

So I decide to keep it a secret.

Then I open the door. Bucky is sprawled out on the bed like a starfish. I place the tray on the bedside table and then I gently push Bucky, saying his name every so often.
And then his eyes open.
"Morning sleeping beauty. I made you breakfast" I smile warmly.
"This is the best way to wake up" he said smiling back. Then he grabbed my waist and pulled me down beside him. I giggled but then cuddled his torso.
"What about the food" I laughed.
"Mmmm. I am hungry. But let's share it" then we sat up slightly so that our backs were against the bed frame. Then I picked up the tray and placed it over our legs.
We ate all the food and laughed as we spoke about random things yet again. We joked about cooking a full English or even pancakes next time.
When we finished, Bucky put the tray on the floor and I leaned my head on his shoulder.
"There's a party tonight. Would you like to go" Bucky asked.
"Only if I go with you" I replied.
"Well we need to get some training done today so we best go soon"
"Soon. Not now. I wanna stay here for a little longer"
"Okay" he smiled.
"I love you, Bucky"
"God [Y/N]" he said breathlessly. "That's music to my ears" he finished as he held onto me tighter.

• volume ~ 4 •