Chapter 42

A/N: i'm writing all these pretty much straight after each other trying not to loose my flow so this is pretty much how my day will go haha. Just laid on the sofa trying to write. Hope you enjoy

• ... •

My lungs began crying out for air pretty quickly so I shot out of the water with a gasp. Trying to regain my breath and pulling my legs to my chest for some form of comfort.
So much is happening. Too much is happening I began to doubt myself. But still I sat there in a ball, curled up, until the comforting water turned my hands and feet wrinkly, and then it was no longer comforting to me. So I drained the bath of all of its contents as I got out and wrapped the fluffy towel around my now cold frame.
When I re-entered my room there was a pile of clean clothes on the freshly made bed. So I pulled them on and swiftly tied my hair into a bun. Then I made my way to the living room, presuming that's where Bucky would be. Ensuring that I went slow, in case anyone was watching to see if I was resting, and to make sure I didn't damage anything. I would need to be in the best shape to fight my boss and whatever he has planned.
When I got to the living room, however, there was only Steve, Tony, Hawkeye, Wanda, and Natasha sat down. And all their heads turned to me as I entered.
"Hello [N/N]" Natasha smiled.
"You're looking- um- well" Wanda smiled.
"Thanks Wanda, but- You don't have to lie, I did this to myself" I replied before placing myself beside her on the sofa.
"Is that what all the sand is about in the training room by any chance?" Clint smirked.
"Yup" I sighed. "I had a little... training session"
"Cap used to do that" Tony said causally.
"What?" I questioned.
"When he was emotional he'd go punch something in the training room. Never broke it but always got close" Tony continued. Steve didn't say a word. He was flexing his jaw like he was annoyed. "Didn't you, ice boy"
"Shut up" Steve scowled.
"You seem tense maybe you should go now" Tony scoffed back. I just shuffled closer to Natasha.
"Nobody asked for your input Tony" Clint defended, to which Steves face settled slightly.
"Play nice boys" Nat spoke up and smiled at me and I returned it.
"Where's vision" I questioned.
"Oh he floated off somewhere. He could be contemplating life and the universe, he could be practicing using his power stone-" Tony began.
"I told him about my culture. He said he wanted to go out and find some spices and food that would help me feel more at home" Wanda smiled, not caring about interrupting iron man.
"Where's Thor?" I asked quietly.
"This time- no one knows, kid" Steve sighed. "And something is coming..."
"Don't scare her for no reason Steve. Nothing is happening" Tony shouted back. I sat up away from Natasha, who just shot me a questioning look.
"At least im honest" he replied.
"No you're not. You're causing unnecessary drama and I believe that's not good for the poor-"
"I'm not a child!" I interrupted. "I don't expect to be treat like one either" and then I slowly pushed myself up from the sofa. It wasn't the dramatic exit I had hoped for, it was shaky and slow, and it required a push from my best friend and a little use if weak power. "Where's Bucky?" I asked.
"Kitchen" Clint replied.
"He's cooking for you. I've never seen anything like it" Natasha giggled which caused me to blush.
"Now will one of you be so kind and take me to him" I said semi-confidently. Silence fell across the room. "Like please my legs won't make it that far" I mumbled. "And Bucky won't like me going alone you know?" And finally Steve jumped up to my side, he let me out my weight on him so he could support me as we made our way to the kitchen. "Now that's how to sassy exit" I laughed as he helped me finally leave the living room. Steve just looked down at me and smiled as I hobbled beside him.
As we got closer to the kitchen the smell of [Fave food] permeated the air.
"Is that [fave food]?" Steve asked whilst sniffing the air.
"Yeah it's my favourite" I smiled.
"He really likes you [Y/N] I've never seen him like this"
"I really like him too"
"I know. We're all just a bit shocked. Before you came here Bucky would have always denied wanting a relationship. And he'd occupy himself with pretty girls he'd only ever see once. We tried to tell him it was wrong but he never listened. I'm glad he had you now. He's a good guy, you deserve each other" Steve smiled before leading me into the kitchen, meaning I couldn't reply.
"Oh hello guys" Bucky smiled.
"Hello you sweetheart" I chuckled and let go of Steve so I could go to Bucky.
"I knew it was your favourite that's all" he chuckled.
"Love birds" Steve muttered as he left.

We sat down to eat the meal together and chatted lightly. Bucky asked if I was feeling better and I told him I was. I complimented his cooking skills as well. It really did taste good! And I thank him for everything he had done, not forgetting to promise that I'll try and stay in bed for atleast a day. That was our compromise.
He asked how I got to the kitchen and I told him I made it to the living room first.
I didn't tell him that there was a lot of tension between Tony and Steve. I decided against telling him, I just thought there was no need to stir anything up. And Bucky probably already knows he just doesn't think it's a big deal.
But something is happening maybe Tony is right. Even if it's not someone stalking the team or even my old boss, something is going on between us all.
So much tension rising. I can only hope that it doesn't split us all.

• volume ~ 11 •