Chapter 41

A/N: dropping some major hints at y'all ;) hope you enjoy
Warning: swearing

• ... •

"[Y/N] what the fuck are you doing here! Get up!" A voice screamed. I jolted up, now suddenly awake, and collided heads with the source.
"Bucky?" I groaned after rubbing my head.
"Ow fuck. What the hell are you doing?!" He shouted.
"What? I was training"
"Training? How long for! It's 6 in the morning I didn't know where you was! I looked all over for you to find you sprawled out on the training room floor, surrounded by shit that looks like sand, and with music playing. Do you understand how that looks from my perspective!"
I only groaned in reply.
"You were meant to rest [Y/N]. Your not going to get better if you refuse to let yourself heal. That's not how it works!"
"I'm fine" I moaned as I tried to move my arms, they both felt dead.
"No you're not. Fuck sake can you even move?" Bucky said with his face heating up slightly.
"Hmhm" I said pushing my legs an inch more outwards. "See"
But before Bucky could scream anymore. I lifted my arms up slightly from the ground, and as I did my body followed. I began floating again. It took a lot of strain, I had to grit my teeth. But I floated up to Bucky's arm level.
At first he was shocked, mouth hung open and arms limp at his sides. But then when I reached his arm level he understood what I was trying to do and he lifting his arms so I could drop into them and he began carrying me.
I was too hot, over worked and stressed. But the cool radiating from Bucky's metal fingers somehow calmed me, and his flesh hand rubbed small circles on my skin as he carried me bridal style. All the way back to our room.
Then he carefully laid me down on the bed and pulled the covers aside so they wasn't in the way.
"Why did you do that?" He sighed as he laid beside me. "I'm sorry getting worked up but you have to understand why I was"
"I know and I do" I said laying limply. "I woke up before you and had nothing to do" I stated.
"That's it?" He questioned. "How long for?"
"Im not sure"
"What did you do?"
"I let off some steam at the punching bag-"
"Some?" He interrupted. "How much anger do you have to break a punching bag before breaking yourself? That must have taken a lot"
"I had a lot of emotion" I stated dryly. "Then I did some weights and cardio"
"No mental training?"
"None til you got there"
"Good" he said cuddling up to me. And as comforting as it was, I didn't want it. All that was in my head was my previous thoughts of normality and the newly added stress of finding my boss.
"I'm sorry for worrying you, buck" I said as a single tear fell down my cheek.
"So long as your safe now it's okay" he said as he kissed my forehead, oblivious to the new droplet of water falling to my cheek. "I'm here for you"
"Bucky?" I asked cautiously.
"Yeah?"
"Um, can I have some..." I said thinking about my request. "Water, um please"
"Yes of course" and then he sat up and exited to fulfil my wish. Leaving me alone for a few moments. Giving me chance to wipe tears and push my hair back until it looked normal (or as normal as I could get it). Then Bucky returned and I sat up shakily to drink some water. He smiled and sat beside me.
"Actually can I take a bath or something i'm really sweaty"
"You know I don't mind about that" he chuckled. "But if it makes you feel better then sure but i'm running it for you so stay here"
I couldn't even mumble an 'okay' before he was up and out the door. So I continued to drink my water until it was gone. Then I pulled myself up and clutched onto the wall for support, as I made my way to get a towel. I would have used my powers but I knew that would have made it worse.
Shakily grabbing the first one I saw I then made my way to the bathroom.
Only to find Bucky had made a huge bubble bath and he was currently lighting a candle. I smiled and put my arms around his waist, laying my head on his back.
He called out to Friday so shuffle some music then he turned around and wrapped his arms around me also and mumbled "I'll leave you to it, doll" then he kissed me and pulled away. Slowly leaving, and making sure to close the door behind him. I placed my hand over my lips and giggled, feeling the tingle he left in them.
Then after a moment I finally freed myself from the confinement of clothes, and slipped into the bath.
It was very warm but not hot enough to hurt. Enough to relax the muscles and the mind. I let out a satisfied sigh and sunk in lower, letting the warm surround all of my body, only exposing my head.
The bath was huge, I suppose they knew they needed to fit super soldiers in it. But it meant I could get comfortable easily and I let the bubbles swirl round my skin every time I disturbed the water.
I had made the right choice. I was alone and at peace. As much as Bucky calms me I knew I need this. Just me and some water. Feeling like there is no weight to my body, and the silky bath soap Bucky had put in was soothing the sores on my body, that I was slowly running my fingers over. Just remembering or maybe questioning why I did it. Sometimes I'd press down on them to see if they hurt. Which they didn't, or not a lot.
"I want to feel this free, this weightless, forever" I said whilst smiling weakly. Before I painfully slowly submerged myself, covering my entire body and face with water.

• volume ~ 12 •