Chapter 48

A/n: uhhh I ACTUALLY UPLOADED HECK YEAH.

•...•

The new information I had now gained about the motor cyclist was eating away at me. I couldn't focus on the files, I couldn't even pay attention to Bucky... And seeing his face drop as I brushed him off crushed my insides, it felt like there was a weight on my shoulders, and it was up to me to carry it, or better yet.. I felt like I was just carrying Bucky.
I loved him, yet I couldn't look him in the eye. Me of all people should know he had no choice. But- Tony... Tony has been a good friend to me. Tony has supported me. Tony has made me feel welcome in the group. And now Tony is relying on me. The man in front of me that day was shattered and broken, I didn't think I could ever see a rich man like that. When I was young, I believed the rich had it all, for they can have whatever they desire. However, money cannot buy everything. And that's the key here. Money cannot buy his parents back, or whatever was in that suitcase. The more valuable things in life are not priced, so maybe the rich are just as bad off as I am.. as I was.
I never came from much, but I ended with a family.
No matter how strange I act to Bucky, he still insists to mentally train me. I can float now.
The whole team trains with each other, trying to better themselves and their friends. We have each others back.
Always.
These thoughts caused me to sigh as walked into the common room, running my fingers through my sweat ridden hair (drenched from Steve's tough workout) and there he was. Sat peacefully.
Playing with a single band of leather, sat Thor.
I let out a weak smile and slowly sat beside him, he flashed the smile back at me. But, they both faded, and his gaze was torn away from me to in front of him.
"Somethings bothering you" I said softly, keeping my eyes on his face.
"well done miss telepath" he chuckled deeply to tease me, and eventually he looked at me once again.
"Very funny son of Odin... but you know you can talk to me" I said as warm as I could, trying to seem polite and inviting. But I wasn't ready for his response.
"I don't know how"
I nodded, understanding his notion. "I struggle too" I admitted.
He sighed, letting the fabric slip between his fingers, causing a small crash when his hammer hit the floor. "Something is coming. Far bigger than me. I can feel it"
I nodded again in understanding as he continued "I have to return home. Protect my people. You must stay here and protect yours." But he didn't mean all of Earth. I knew he meant the avengers.
"Thor I feel like we're coming to an end" I said sadly.
"One day everything comes to an end"
"But- soon..?"
"Yes ma'am" he said deeply. "Fate works in mysterious ways. But! Everything happens for a reason. Never forget that"
A comforting silence fell across us, whilst I knew he was true I wanted to change the subject. "So if I lift that hammer, it's happened for a reason?" I said with a cheeky smirk plastered on my face. This question caused laughter to erupt from the man.
"Well I suppose so" Thor chuckled. "But I don't recon you can"
"wanna bet?!" I leaped up, giggling is slid in front of him and, therefore, the hammer.
"You're on" he laughed.
"If I win I want the biggest order of [favourite food] from [favourite fast food place]" I said with an innocent smile.
Thor laughed, the sound was honestly music to my ears. So jovial, it never failed to make me smile. I knew I'd miss it. "You have a deal lady [N/N]"
And with that statement, I wrapped my fingers around the hammer. Pausing and looking up with a smirk, for effect of course.
Then I-

• volume ~ 10 •