Chapter 5

A/N: here's today's update hope you enjoy. Feedback is welcome. At the end that is the same song just a different quote it's cold by the Veronica's if you were interested.

• 'Cause i'm dying here. You were lying it was you and I forever but now you make me shiver in the light •

"Is everything all right cap?" I said walking towards the group. They was all circled around a hologram FRIDAY was projecting.
"Hydra. They're everywhere. In shield and all of its files. The only place it currently isn't in, that's owned by shield, is here. And that's because of FRIDAY" he said. I couldn't help but notice his unsteady breathing and the way he was leaning on the top of his clenched fists. He looked up at me with pleading eyes and the rest of the team followed. Natasha, Tony and Bruce was all stood at one side, and each was messing with something and avoiding eye contact. Hawk eye was looking at me similarly to Steve and Thor wasn't anywhere to be seen but I've been told that's normal.
Then I saw Bucky in the corner, leaning against a wall for support. His eyes was focused in Steve and he didn't look happy.
"We need them out of the system before they can find certain files..." Steve said finally filling the silence. What files could be so bad? I know they're secret for a reason but what's special about these ones?
"We also need to see what they have. The only person who can do all this is you."
Oh. That's why everyone is acting weirdly.
"I'll do it" I said making a few members of the team visibly relax.
"It will require your telepathy and telekinesis" Steve said sadly, knowing I didn't have total control yet.
Iron man continued clicking some sort of pen and it was annoying so I made a point of using my telekinesis to make it shoot to the other end of the room.
"I'll just train more with Bucky or something. When do you need me" Bucky shot up at the mention of his name like he'd been in a day dream again.
"As soon as possible. But your right training comes first. And each of us has a different specialty so you can train with each of us separately before leaving"
"Okay sounds great. When do we start" I said smiling. I made awkward eye contact with Bucky for a few seconds before he looked away.
Then hawk eye approached me quickly.
"Now" he said smiling then taking my arm and leading me to his training room.
The room was wide and almost empty but I know that will change. There are lots of bow and arrows on a shelf at the side and there are a few guns. I can also see some figures far away so we're definitely doing target practice.
He walks up to the shelf of weapons and gestures me to follow.
"So [Y/N] show me what you got" he smirked as he handed me a gun. I smiled sweetly back then made my way to the cross in the floor. I took a few seconds to focused and then...
BANG. BANG. BANG.
Shot after shot I hit the cardboard people every time between the eyes. After firing a good few shots I stopped and sighed heavily.
Hawk eye went to take a close look and his mouth hung open.  On every single cardboard cut out there is a perfectly round hole in between their eyes. Every single shot fired at them went in the same place.
"Well okay well just develop on that I guess"he coughed awkwardly.
He started to move the targets and shout places for me to aim, which I hit every time and he turned the lights off and made me do it. Reluctantly I aimed blindly into the thick darkness and I managed to hit the figure. Just not enough to kill a man the first time. So he made me work on that.
After about and hour and a Natasha came in and took me to her training room.
It was a lot smaller and it had mirrors on every wall. There was a punching bag in the corner and a few weights and there was also a pile of gloves. She told me to put a pair on and we began my hand to hand combat training.
She helped me work on my attack. We started on the punching bag and then when she was happy with how hard I could punch she fought me herself. She said I'd be better after cap had taught me too so I'll have to go back another time.
I got a lot better at punching and kicking powerfully and precisely because that is my down fall. Even when i'm stable in my mind, i'm weak in attacking so Natasha really helped me.
Then again I was whisked off into another room but this time by tony stark himself. 
"Stark..." I thought to myself. Familiar.  I pushed that aside and let him do his training.
He showed me some really cool weapons to use and how to use them. Then he put on his suit and we fought using the stuff he gave me as practice.
I now have a long sword that's retractable. A machine gun the size of a pistol and, my favourite, a bracelet that can expand into a shield when needed. I can't throw it like Steve can but it will be a good place to hide my head as I shoot.
I thanked tony for the cool stuff and he just thanked me in return.
Next I was dragged out by Bruce. He took me too a silence lab. He hooked me up to a machine that read my brain. I grit my teeth and let it open do it's job. It was hard but I made it.
Then he was able to tell me the best methods of controlling my telepathy. He said "music will help you and the presence of someone you love. But when your on the battle field your best option is the memories. Think of the good ones and you'll no longer think of the bad" I kept his advice close. It seemed true like it would genuinely help me.
After I'd said goodbye to Bruce, Steve was dragging me to the gym. He made me work out my muscles by running and doing weights. Then he said I need to learn self defence.
I used the skills Natasha and Bruce had taught me when I practiced fighting with Steve. He gave me some tips on how to dodge and defend myself in a fight.
I've never felt this strong and powerful before. I'm in control. Not to mention my iPod is still currently on a bundle in the gym floor.
By the end of it I was dripping with sweat and my sports vest was pulled up and the ends was wrapped in a bobble to make it a crop top and my shorts had been rolled upwards multiple times. I knew it was getting late and i'm sure it was dark outside.
Steve patted me on the back just as Bucky came in. He's the only one I haven't done special training with.
Steve smiled and left the room as Bucky stared at me in silence.
"Last thing you need to do you promised you'd never do without me"
"Mental training" I said with a sigh handing my head low. Today had gone so well I'd developed so much and shown the avengers what i'm capable of.
Bucky moved closer and lifted my head with his giant soft hand.
"Come one let's get this over with. Telekinesis first. Lift the weights."
"Which ones?"
"As many as you can" I stared at Bucky m. There was 5 or 6 50kg weights. And then not to mention all the 20's and 10's and 5's and anymore that went higher then 50. "I want you to pick them up at once and drop them away from the other weights so I can see how many you did. 
I lifted as many weights a I could. Preferring to lift lots of little ones then one or two big ones. And eventually I got quite a lot. I knew I'd got stronger. I let a smile grow on my face and I turned to Bucky who wasn't reciprocating it.
"It's just his façade [Y/N]" I said to myself "we have seen the real him"
"Okay telepathy. I want you to mess with the electrics" so I did as I was told and made the lights flicker. Then when FRIDAY told me to stop I made he voice change pitches and volumes. I giggled but Bucky didn't smile.
"We'll read my mind tomorrow i'm going for a drink" he said.
"But Bucky I don't know when i'm going"
"I do. In a few days we have loads of time. Now go to bed [Y/N] you've worked hard, you look tired" and with that he was gone. I head the door slamming and I knew he'd left the building.
I picked up my earphone bundle and slipped one ear in.
I let the Veronica's and calm me down as I left the gym to go find someone to talk to. Something to do.

• You're so cold•

•volume ~ 12•