Chapter 20

A/N: 1K?!?! Thank you thank you thank youuuu. I never expected it! Hope you enjoy this chapter. It took too long... but I had mocks all last week. Yes I love school... and since they're done i'm writing :) I have a break coming up soon I might write a bit more then. Anyway this is long, hope you enjoy x

• are you gonna hurt? Are you gonna burn •

The world seemed to move in slow motion, we were surrounded by broken glass and robots with their arms outstretched- like they're reading for our throat.
The team didn't mess around, however. Instantly, they ran to shelter or weapons.
Natasha and Bruce ran to the bar. She told him not to 'go green' and she grabbed a gun from under the counter.
Tony called a suit over and he stood beside war machine firing at his own creations.
Bucky ran to cap. Together they used combined hand to hand combat.
Thor was throwing his hammer left right and centre. Sending broken pieces of metal in every direction.
Hawkeye found his weapon and began shooting arrows. And then Cap shouted at him, asking for his shield.
I could use my powers. But here I am stood in the centre of the room with all the action around me.
And it's now I realise- I've never worked in a team.
Everyone knows what they're doing... but me.
"What's wrong little girl" the wicked machine cooed, its broken smile lighting up a fluorescent blue as it spoke.
I took a deep breath and lifted my palm slightly, holding it towards a round shiny metal object.
Cap's shield.
"Don't you have powers like these people around you? Are you just winters little toy?"
"I'm not a toy" I said spitefully.
"I'm an assassin" I spat. The words felt like venom in my mouth. I had to say it, to get my point across that i'm worth something. But it still made me choke slightly. But Ultron didn't notice. He cocked his head and I took my chance.
I used my powers to shove the shield into his neck.
He squirmed and tried to pull it away but I held it there. And when I was satisfied I flew the shield safely to Steve. Who looked shocked but he nodded as a thank you.
I raised both my hands and raised the broken glass and metal around us and shot it towards Ultron as hard as I could. Causing them to wedge in between his old rusty cogs.
"An assassin who doesn't use a gun, not very effective" he said as cocky as he could.
Natasha smiles at me and looks at her gun.
"Oh, I can use a gun if you like" then I fly the gun to my hand and shoot several bullets at where his heart would be, until the artificial blue lights died down. And the robot collapsed.
I fly the gun back to Natasha so she can carry on, but I quickly realise there's not many left.
Thor drops his hammer onto the head of the last one and sighs heavily.
The team looks at each other and smiles. I know everyone is thinking 'we did it' and yeah we did.
It feels good to be part of something.
Something good.
And I may be have been an assassin, but soon maybe someone will call me a hero.
I just have to keep this up.
I didn't realise that, Bucky had ran up to my side. He placed a hand on my back and let out a breathless giggle.
"You're amazing, doll" he smiled then kissed me on the lips softly.
"All thanks to you" I smiled back.
"[Y/N] that was-" Steve began but tony butted in...
"Bad ass, I told you captain patriotism she's a keeper"
"Actually I said we should -" they argued and walked away together. There seemed to be a bit of tension them, but that's probably because of all the secrets and the fact we were just attacked, which is understandable. 
"It was good. But we best go find out why you had to do that" Natasha said calmly as she followed the boys, who seemed to be heading to the lab.
I nodded at Bucky then stuck close to him as we joined the rest of them.
The lab was quite big. It had one wall of glass that overlooked the city and the room we were just in. And there was broken equipment everywhere. I think it's safe to say Bruce has got angry in here before.

• gonna answer me? •

"So what the hell was that, stark?!" Hawkeye finally said breaking the silence.
"I thought it could help-" tony began.
"Oh yeah it was great help wasn't it" Steve muttered.
"Look. I finally re built JARVIS and he's now slightly more advanced. Thor brought me his brothers power stone and I realised the potential. I had to start it there and then"
"Why didn't you consult the team?" Steve muttered again.
"I didn't know it would turn out this way. And i didn't know it would activate that quickly. I was planning on slyly mentioning it"
"What does JARVIS have to do with this?" Natasha spoke up.
"JARVIS was meant to be there as the first line of Defense. Help and guide Ultron the the path he was made for" Bruce replied.
"The robot said he had killed someone. But we're all here?" I asked, using my sudden wave of confidence to speak up.
"He did kill someone..." Tony said solemnly. Then he flicked a few buttons and displayed what looked like a fractured orange orb.
"JARVIS..." Bruce whispered.
The team went silent. Bucky shuffled closer to me and I gulped loudly.
"Did that thing have our files?" I ask. Thinking about the green hard drive I entrusted with Steve.
"He had all the ones you gave me" Tony said keeping his head down. This caused a few swear words and comments to be thrown around. I tried to stop it by asking "so what do we do now? Where would it go next?"

• I wanna lift this curse •

And the only reply I received was a glance to Steves shield.

• volume ~ 6 •