Chapter 28

A/N: so i'm back on track! Eyyy. I have mocks this week and you'd think I'd be revising but I failed twice today and I'd rather be doing this. Plus I wanna update for you lovely people. You're all so kind. So this is for you x

• will I catch up to love? I could never tell, I know. Chasing you is like a fairytale but I feel like i'm glued on right to this carousel •

Somehow some loud knocking made it through my music. I got groaned and sat up slightly, wiping the remaining tears from my eyes, I wasn't scared of another release, I had none left. I quickly hid the cold metal in one of my drawers and prepared myself.
"Go away Bucky" I shouted, the words instantly left an awful feeling in my heart.
"It's me, [N/N]" Natasha called out. I raised my arm and slowly opened the door, and instantly she walked in. Without another word she sat beside me and rubbed my back, as she clutched on tightly. She whispered "I know what happened" and "it's okay babe" over and over. Then after a few minutes she said "i'm really sorry, but Cap wants to see you"
I nodded thank you and walked with Nat to the living room. Bruce, Tony, and Steve were stood around the sofas, back arched like a group of fighting wild cats. Simultaneously, all their heads shot in my direction as I walked in.
"What's going on?" I asked shyly.
"What's going on is that you honey need to go get your suit back on" Hawkeye smiled as he suddenly entered the room, opening a can of fizzy. "These fellas need your powers to get something that might stop Ultron" he continued. "I'd be against it, if it didn't make the mission a lot easier. Sorry [Y/N]"
"Why would you be against it. I'm on the team to help" I said proudly, trying to make myself sound big and happy. "If that's how Im needed, that's what I'll do"
"But don't you want to rest after everything-" Bruce started.
"Nothing happened. I'm fine. Now what's the mission?" I replied.
Steve sighed and gave me the details. He said that hawkeye would fly me in and I'd hover the package into the aircraft. Steve was a distraction along with Natasha. Tony was for air support and back up. Bruce was to stay near Bucky again. And they explained that Thor had gone off to find something. But no one knew what he was looking for. We all agreed he was a mysterious man. Afterwards Steve patted me on the shoulder and thanked me. And we all headed out. I smiled and waved at Bruce before I walked through the doors. He nodded and I mouthed 'stay safe'. He just chucked and replied 'don't worry about me. Focus on yourself. Good luck'
Then we set off. They went over the plan again and again. I knew what I had to do. They let my have my iPod. They said it might help me focus. Right now I'm just using it as a distraction. Letting the gorgeous sound of Melanie's singing soothe me.
Tony tapped me and told me it was time. Clint let the door down and Natasha and Steve dropped to the floor effortlessly. Tony's metal suit stretched around his body and he to whizzed off into the open air. I walked over to the door, sitting down cautiously. Waiting.
I watched 2 motor bikes close in on an old, worn-down looking lorry. Steve stated banging on the side and coaxing out Ultron. When the robot appeared he picked him up effortlessly, and the fought on the roof. Natasha wasn't far behind. She opened the metal doors of the lorry, and snuck in. Tony was visible in the sky. He swooped down to pick up Steves shield, fire a few shots and then throw his shield back. Natasha messed with a few things inside, freeing the package, and then Tony gave the signal.
The aircraft began moving down. I knew it was time.
I crumpled up my earphones around the iPod and threw them to the corner. I didn't want them. I didn't need them.
I was sick of looking, and feeling, weak. Feeling like I depended on that plastic. I smiled to myself and cracked my knuckles. I was ready.
Clint got us close and he lined us up. Quickly I got a hold on a long and heavy object. Then I pulled it into the air. I brought it inside as quick as I could. Hawkeye helped by lowing the aircraft towards it and we caught it mid way.
It was only now I got a good look at it. It was a long cylinder. Something was inside but I couldn't see. It had a computer screen at one end and it was beeping loudly; Flashing red numbers showing a percentage. It had a human body symbol at the bottom that was half filled with the same crimson pixels. I shook my head and forced it into a corner. Then I raised my hands slightly and moved the straps to secure it in.
Clint was shouting something down the coms. And soon Steve and Tony had joined us back on the air craft. They instantly ran to the strange object and examined it.
All I did was stare at the tangled earphones. Then I finally glanced up and asked "where's Nat?"
All the boys looked up and Steve gave a sad look.

• volume ~ 10 •