Chapter 34

A/N: it's so close to exams :/ pray for meeeee. Hope you're all well! Hope it's not too boring atm. We're kinda close to the huge climax. I mean I've extended this loads I have a plan for it all.
I'm running out of songs please send some you think fit!! And please send feedback. Good or bad. It will all be taken into consideration.

• The days grow shorter and the nights are getting long. Feels like we're running out of time •

I finally made my way back to the rest of them. As soon as I was in sight Bucky came jogging over and said he was proud. Steve smiled and we all turned to listen to Tony again.
"So, metal man. What's next?" Hawkeye shouted. "Something about a core?"
"All I need is for you is to check one last time for civilians, and then get the heck out of here" Tony replied. And we followed his orders. Everyone went a different way to scan for people, but not one was found. So then we got on the large aircraft once again and we waited.
Everyone gathered around the huge windows.
Suddenly, to large bright beams appeared, one going in form the bottom and one from the top. They were aimed right at the centre.
And then I realised what they were doing, just as rocks from the outsides were beginning to fall.
"They will die" Wanda screamed.
"That's a risk you have to take, when you're part of the team" Hawkeye replied, which caused Wanda to gulp loudly.
"They will be fine" Steve said calmly. "We always are"
Bucky made his way to me again and held my hand. He squeezed it and looked at me, but my eyes were trained on the large bits of mud, rock and cement falling.
Each one caused a mighty roar as it hit the earths crust. The aircraft started to move further and further away to keep us safe.

• All your life you've been waiting for your chance, Where you'll fit into the plan. But you're the master of your own destiny, So give and take the best that you can •

"It's kinda beautiful isn't it" Bucky whispered. "Not the mass destruction of course. But watching it fall like rain"
"It's not the first time today something that isn't rain has fallen" I replied.
"I heard. You know i'm very proud of you. When we first met, you struggled. Now you can do something so simple like flicking your wrist, and cause so much. You have control"
"Thank you" I said with sincerity, but still not taking my eyes off the scene in front of us, trying not to well up with tears. I had never seen anything like this.
I had caused destruction, damage, and death. But I had never watched it.
"I don't think I've ever told you but I like the rain" Bucky whispered again.
"Oh really" I giggled, actually turning to him to look him in the eye.
"Really. I find it so calming. Watching water fall and move in general, in a way it's so elegant. Plus, water is old and wise. It's seen everything, not with eyes, but it's been everywhere. Any drop that has rolled down your skin could have been in Niagara Falls less than a decade ago. And before that it could have been rolling effortlessly down rocks and streams as the ginormous dinosaurs consumed them" he said seriously, turning away from me now. All I did was scan his facial features, and listen to his deep calming words. His jaw clenched. "I guess I envy it. You know? It's so elegant, it's admired, it's needed- well, by all living things. Like I said, it's been everywhere. And I haven't been a whole lot of places, unless I was in the back of a truck strapped up. And I haven't seen a whole lot of places either,  unless it was from the scope of my gun" his words shocked me. It's hard to believe he is the same Bucky I met that first day. He just poured himself out to me, and I knew what he meant.
"I understand" I replied quietly.
"You do?" He asked with hope.
"Yeah I do. Honestly I feel the same sometimes"
"Well now i'm not only going to treat my special lady when this is over, i'm going to take her all over the world" he said giggling and poking my side, tickling me. I laughed with him trying to run away, but he got me in his grip and tickled me more and more. Peels of laughter left my mouth, and the team looked at us, a few giggling themselves.
His name left my mouth every opportunity it could, and I took in mass amounts of air to fuel my laughter.
At this point the rocks had stopped falling and from the corner of my eye I saw the main doors open for the 2 remaining members of the team. I head their feet land and a few mutterings probably explaining what was happening.
At the same time I heard the other doors slide open. I had a feeling I knew who it was.
"[Y/N] get here now" a voice bellowed. They sounded stern and horridly familiar. I had run away from them just before the battle.
But I couldn't do anything. I was a victim to Bucky's merciless tickles. And I laughed and laughed. Not caring about the man now approaching us. Until I got scared he'd push Bucky too hard. Not that he is fragile I just know this man, who wants me, is all about "by any means necessary" at the moment. Especially with me. So I began to lightly push Bucky away with my arms.
During my attempt to get him away from me I pushed a little too hard, not with my own physical strength which Bucky would win with. But with the power deep inside me, that I had recently been letting it get out.
I've been growing stronger and I don't really think I realised the full extent of that.
I sent Bucky backwards.
And I shoved my hands downwards in the process. Mainly as defence invade he came back. And incase that person got too close.
Quickly he slid across the floor, still smiling, looking like a child who constantly asks you to do it again, until he looked at me, I didn't understand why.
Maybe he followed my eyes that were now trained on the door, and at the tall figure blocking the light.
Maybe he saw the way my face dropped at the realisation of who it was.
I breathed heavily. Panicking at the thought of the conversation we will have. I began to feel dizzy at the extensive use of my powers.
But there was one thing I didn't understand. I only used a small fragment of my powers why was I still feeling dizzy after Bucky had settled on the floor.
"[Y/N]- doll- how?!" Bucky said with panic.
"How what?" I said back shakily.
"[Y/N] look down..." Steve said whilst taking a few steps towards me. I shook my head trying to figure out what he meant. Extreme nausea came over me.
And then I looked down.
My feet- my feet weren't touching the floor. I was floating.
"H- how?!" I said breathlessly. My eyes flickered.
All I heard was a chorus of my name over and over, in different many emotions. Angry. Concerned. Confused...

And then it all went black.

• volume ~ 14 •