Chapter 38

A/N: i'm trying to update more because i'm officially finished school!! So i'm gonna do some research on songs but I didn't want that to slow me down so here's another update. I will also make a song list so you can check what was used.
Also should I enter the wattys? This is the only year I can do what do you guys think?
Flashbacks in between //\\

• ... •

Quicker than expected we were landed and in our own rooms. Bucky was beside getting something to eat and drink and I was laid on my bed, staring at the ceiling. Sighing every so often, almost like I was half expecting some sort of camera to zoom in and a crowd to laugh like in a cheesy sitcom. That's how ridiculous my life feels at this moment.
I still felt a little uneasy and Bucky made me hold on to him as we walked to my room. And told me I was on strict bed rest. That wouldn't last long. I think we both knew that.
It had only been an hour since we actually landed and already FRIDAY was calling for me in the conference room. So I sat up as slowly as possible and dragged my feet to the corridor, where, right on cue, Bucky was stood.
"Woah where are you going, miss?!" He said in a posh accent that made me laugh.
"I've been called to the conference room"
Bucky tilted his head and gave me this look that I read as 'really?' Like I was lying to him to go for a walk.
"By nick" I finished.
"Oh wow okay, I'll be in our room waiting then" he smiled and slid past me to go sit in my room. A small heat rose to me chest because he called it 'our room' and whilst that probably meant nothing to him, it meant a great deal to me.
I've never- shared a room before. Would he sleep with me every night? Or some nights? I wasn't sure but I didn't mind. I feel safe when i'm near Bucky.
But unfortunately he can't come with me to see Nick.
Eventually I made it there and Nick Fury was sat at a chair close to the door and he beckoned me to sit beside him.
"So, were going to take this slow. You're going to tell me everything you know and I'll give you all the files we have on the guy"
"Okay" I gulped.
"Let's start with general things. Full name. Appearance. You must have seen him many times"
"Maybe yes, I did see him almost every day, it felt like. Giving me missions. But I never... saw him"
"I don't follow" he replied. So I began to recall a memory to Nick, to explain.
// ... I collided straight into a set of bodies, that quickly picked me up by the arms and walked me over to my room. I was thrown in the floor and the door locked behind the exiting men. Not long after the boss came back.
"You're gonna pay for that princess" he smirked. And all I could do was whimper-
"Please stop!" I cried.
"Why? You disobeyed me. You caused me to loose my main lead on what I desire most. You hurt some of my best men-"
"Well then they're obviously not the best then" I muttered, to receive a slap across my cheek.
"Do you know what your actions have caused!" He screamed. "Every thing has a consequence my dear. It's time for your consequence"
Swiftly I was carried to an examination table and strapped down. The boss looked at me with a smile and he priced my skin with a needle, and sent the contents of the attached glass case into my blood stream. I screamed out in pain as it felt like I was being suffocated inside my body. He had never used this before. My vision began to go cloudy and when I finally woke up, I was strapped to a chair in a dark room.
I had lost all meaning of time. I stared into the dark abyss for hours, weeks maybe. Who knew. But my limbs ached and the voices filled my thoughts. Unbearably.
"Hello" a monotone Voice broke the silence.
"Boss?" I called out. Spinning my head as fast as I could. I sensed a presence but could no longer see it.
"Damn right"
"Why can't I see you?"
"That desperate to see my face, are we honey?" He said, I didn't need to see his ugly face to know he had a smirk plastered all over it. "I had a new special liquid made. Since the other one escaped and you got dangerously close, I realised the need to stay- hidden. Under the radar. Even in my own base. For- safety reasons"
"Really it's so you don't get caught for all this shit?" I mumbled. Only to receive yet another merciless slap across my cheek, in the exact same spot as before.\\
I began to shake a little, after recalling what it was like for me, and realising the comparison to what life is like now. Imagining I was still in there, a life without the team, a life without Bucky
"So you don't remember anything?"
"No" I said pulling my head down in shame.
"We really need his appearance it's basic things" he said scratching his head.
"I might have something to help" a new voice called out, and we both turned to face the source.

• volume ~ 10 •