Chapter 29.5

A/N: double updateeeee. Y'all know the drill when it's a .5 chapter it's a Bucky chapter. Quick thing: if anyone has seen American horror story or stranger things come talk to me. I need a good talk about it. Especially cause i'm on season 2 of AHS. Anyway... Hope you're enjoying this :) x

Bucky's POV
Her body seemed to shake slightly. I could see her opening and closing her mouth, I knew she was thinking intensely. Her skin was shiny with new beads of sweat. And an awkward silence hung over us.
"Bucky" she managed to stammer out. "I- I-" she tried. I appreciated that. Her effort. But my heart was shattering slowly. I put her on the spot. I broke her and then told her I love her. What idiot does that?
Me.
I wanted to say something before. I really did. But, like [Y/N] now, I couldn't. I know I should have said something then. Why didn't that big paragraph come out then?
Suddenly, I heard foot steps closing in around the corner, they were quick and strong. Someone wanted to get here, fast.
All I wanted was an answer. A simple no. Anything. The footsteps made me feel on edge. It made me want to hurry her up, before it was too late. I don't know why.
I'm not scared, i'm desperate.
The sounds were coming from behind me. I didn't want to take my eyes of her to see who it was. It was probably Steve, Im most likely over thinking. But something makes me feel like it isn't.
Then everything around me began shaking, it started off ever so slightly. Like beginning of an earthquake.
But then everything got more intense. I started looking around searching for the source. Ornaments on shelves where jumping. Glass was wobbling. The floor was sending vibrations through every bone in my body.
I began to panic even more.
Until I looked up and I saw her.
Her hands were still by her sides, earphones visible from a side pocket, like usual, but her fingers were stretched as far as they could. They looked like they were at usual angles, and positions. Her hand was slightly shaking like everything around us.
Her muscles were tense, all down her arms and her strong legs. Her face, however, wasn't scrunched in the slightest. But I knew it was her.
And she was making it look easy...
"[Y/N]" I called out, uneasily. "Stop it, doll"
She finally met my eyes and stared at me harshly. I gulped and tried to do something, but I had no idea what to do.
"Don't call me that" she said, her voice sounded broken and deeper. "Not now" she continued, "please..."
"Stop this at once!" A voice called out from behind us. "What did I say about the 3rd strike?!" It called out again. I spun around to see Nick Fury marching towards us, Steve was hot on his tail, shouting at him.
"Stop" I cried out, my voice wavering due to the still moving floor. I didn't know whether I was calling out to Nick or [Y/N]. But they both heard.
"Leave me alone" she screamed and then she raised her hands and I felt a force on my body. I was slowly being pushed to a side. I tried to struggle but I couldn't do anything, until my back hit the cold wall, gently. One arm stayed pointed at me and the other suddenly got pointed at Nick. And he froze in his spot.
The shaking calmed down until it eventually stopped. Steve stood still, his head turning to all of us quickly. Nick tried to push his legs forward just as I did before but he didn't get anywhere.
Steve finally stepped forward, and [Y/N] made no attempt to stop him. As soon as he reached her he whispered something in her ear, then he reached in her pocked, untangled her earphones, and gently put them in her ears.
She let her head fall, and I swear I saw a tear fall too. Then the dropped her arms.
The tight feeling around me stopped and I was able to make my way to her. But Nick beat me to it, and before I knew it she had cuffs on, and she was being pushed away.
As she passed me she forced the men to stop. She lifted both her cuffed hands and let one slide down my cheek.
"I still love you. Even if you never love a monster like me again" then she smiled warmly, retracted her hands, and walked away.
I stood as still as I could, processing it all. I've never seen her do that before. I had no idea what Nick had said to her, or what she had said to him, to make him do that. I didn't know where she was going. And just as I was about to follow I felt a firm hand on my shoulder. Steve spun me round and pulled me into a hug.
"Don't follow her, not yet" he said softly, pulling out the hug but keeping a grip on my shoulders so he could look me in the eye. "You're an actual doofus, Buck. You know that?" He smirked.
"Yeah" I laughed slightly. "I promise you now. I'm not letting that one go"
Steve smiled. "It's not me you need to promise" he said simply, then he patted me on the back and walked away.
Leaving me to stand alone in the empty hallway.