Chapter 44

A/N: ahhhh Im late. I'm sorry!! I tried. I bit off more than I could chew. And my finger bloody kills. I found out it needs stitches so i'm going back to hospital tomorrow.
Flashbacks between //\\

• ... •

"Would you like me to read them out to you?" Friday asked.
"Yes please. But first lock all the doors and don't let anyone enter, not even nick. And alert me of their presence after the file is done with"
"As you wish" it said and there was a clicking noise, signifying the locked door. "Shall I start with you personal file?"
I didn't even know I had a personal file but I replied telling the robot yes and it began.

"[Y/N] [L/N], assassin with the highest kill count known to shield. Worked for an organisation that didn't not belong to hydra, yet did work with it once or twice. The owner is unknown, hides behind computers or his weapons.
She was captured and taken from her home in [hometown] over 50 years ago, in about 1963. Her birthday is [date] [month] somewhere around 1950.
The serum she has taken prolongs ageing and so she biologically classes in her mid 20's instead. She would have classes as younger when she was captured. Possibly in her teens or slightly younger.
She was set a mission on captain America a few weeks before he found her again and brought her to shield. And years before that she was set a mission on nick fury and whilst it seemed like she failed she did retrieve a mission report that the boss had asked for.
There are possible links to the winter soldier"

"Friday what links are between me and the winter soldier?" I asked shaking.

"Several months before your arrival James Buchanan Barnes was found dazed in a small apartment he had owned. When taken back to Steve, his childhood best friend, he said he had escaped from somewhere terrible. And when asked if it was hydra, he replied with no. Telling us that hydra lost him about a year ago and he had a new boss, who never used him, only ever kept him in a large metal container. According to Bucky, another assassin escaped and somehow bent the metal. He's not sure if they meant to or not but he used it to escape.

I cut Friday off telling her to stop a second. She did and I began to think back to a time when that could have happened.

// "Where's the girl!" He screamed. The boss... This made every human around him panic. Including me.
I'm hid behind a container in a poorly lit room. Every so often grunts and bangs block my senses as clearly some ones fist strikes the metal walls from the inside. But no flesh could make that noise...\\

That couldn't be-

// "You're gonna pay for that princess" he smirked. And all I could do was whimper-
"Please stop!" I cried.
"Why? You disobeyed me. You caused me to loose my main lead on what I desire most. You hurt some of my best men-"
"Well then they're obviously not the best then" I muttered, to receive a slap across my cheek.
"Do you know what your actions have caused!" He screamed. \\

"That was Bucky..." I said breathlessly, looking shocked into the distance. "My boss. He wanted Bucky! And that's why I can't remember anything. Because after Bucky escaped he was so terrified of being discovered. Before that I knew who he was..."
My mind raced on what to do next. What do I ask Friday next? Then I realised. It's time...
"Friday. Read me the file that nick left for me in the green hard drive"
"Are you sure?" It asked.
"Please-"

"Mission report December 16th 1991..."

"Stop!" I screamed. Friday instantly paused.
"Is everything okay [Y/N] we don't have I continue if you don't wish to" she spoke.
"No. Well yeah i'm fine but I just can't help but wonder. What on earth did he want me for before 1991? And what does this have to do with Bucky?"

• volume ~ 15 •