Chapter 50: Calm before the storm

Gai sensei POV

I could feel a hard but comfortable surface underneath me. I rubbed my eyes as I rose up from the bed. Seem like I must have fallen asleep before Kakashi came home last night, I thought while stretching my arms high into the air.  I wonder where he is, probably in his room. 

My thoughts were cut off by a soft snore coming from behind me. I turned around and looked down towards my pillow. My eyes grew wide and my cheeks grew flushed as I jumped out the bed yelling "KAKASHI WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN MY BED". 

A groan came from Kakashi as his eyes opened half while mumbling "could you keep your voice down". 

He went into a sitting position while having the pillow in his hand. My eyes landed on his muscles  body covered in warrior scares. He ran his fingers through his hair while saying "why don't you go and make breakfast...honey". 

My entire face grew a bright shade of pink as I heard him say that. Did Kakashi take something last night, it is not like.. or is it. Kakashi and I have been rivals for years and we raised Yuki-chan together. No it is not like we could fall in love. To men falling in love is impossible, he is joking, right, I thought while my heart started pounding. 

Kakashi rose from the bed, he was only wearing a pair of boxers and steam came from my head as he walked over to me. He placed a hand on my shoulder while looking into my eyes, as I saw a smile underneath his mask, which he was still wearing for some reason. 

"We better get going our students are waiting and Yuki-chan is coming home soon, and relax I was just joking" he said in a carefree stone. A sigh escaped my lips, but suddenly I felt a heaviness in my heart. What was this should I not be happy about this being nothing more than a joke.

"I have to head out early see you later, Gai" Kakashi said and walked out of the door to my room. My eyes landed on his shirt still laying on the floor. I picked it into my hands and could smell Kakashis scent all over it. I should probably wash this for him or should I just keep it, I thought while hugging the shirt. WAIT GAI WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING. 

"seems like someone does not want to be alone" a voice husky voice whispered in my ear. I felt like I was about to faint as I turned around and saw Kakashi standing there.

"I am just going to get this washed, it is not like I was hugging it or anything, that would not be very youthful of me" I explain. It is not like he is going to believe that, I thought but felt my shirt being pulled. Something soft was pressing against my lips and I did not dare open my eyes to see what it was. Please Yuki-chan forgive me and don't hate Kakashi and me for this. 

Yuki POV

"ready to head home, Yuki" Yang said looking at him. I smiled as I said "yes I am, I have a feeling I missed out on something important while we were training". A rough sneeze came from me and I rubbed my nose. Someone must have been talking about me, I thought.  

"lets go then, if we fly we will be there before the exam" Ying said. I nodded and jumped onto her back, while summoning Yang back into his Katana. Do not worry guys, I will be home soon. 

Gaara POV

"GAARA, WAKE UP" a voice yelled into my ear. I turned around and saw Kankuro standing next to my bed. I rose from the coach  as I groaned out "what is it". 

"I should be the one asking that, you need to make ready for your mission and for the past few days you seem to snap into a day dreaming state and falling asleep afterwards are you alright" he said. 

"I am fine" I said coldly. The mission, why could there not be another way, instead of hurting the Yuki-chan loves. I do not want to hurt her after she just saved me from that void of loneliness. If I am lucky she is going to forgive me afterwards and come with me to the hidden sand. Maybe if I make sure some of her friends survive she would not so mad.

"Hey Temari got any idea what wrong with Gaara, I have been calling his name for few minutes now" Kankuro voice said in the background of my thoughts. 

"Kankuro, give up, little Gaara is thinking of his girlfriend" Temari suddenly said. I looked up snapping out of my thought. A sigh came from Kankuro as he said "Gaara remember we have a mission and if that girl gets in the way father will not be pleased you know,". 

"do not worry if she does I will kill her" I said. Who am I fooling, Yuki-chan would be the last person in this world I would ever be able to kill. I just have to make sure to use a jutsu on her so she does not interfere. 

Yuki POV

"we will be back just in time for the exam to start" Ying said as we flew through the clouds in the sky. I can not wait to see everyone, I hope Naruto will be ready for his exam and pass. Everyone seems so strong, I really hope many of them will pass this exam, but all we just have to do our best, I thought while lifting a hand up into a cotton cloud. I have to take Naruto and everyone else on Ying and Yang, so they can try this. My eyes looked down at the vast landscape. 

------------------------------------

Hey guys

Thank for all the support and everything. A lot of you have request for a ouran high school host club fanfiction lately. When I am done with my Naruto fanfiction I will start on making one for ohshc. It will probably out around november december depending on how much time I have. 

I am not sure if I should make a bunch of one-short or just one story like with my Naruto and bleach fanfiction. Thats why I have decided to ask you, would you like a bunch of one-short where you can come with request or should I make a longer story like with Naruto and bleach. 

PS sorry this chapter was a bit short