The truth

Violet pov
It's now 10 pm , I've heard nothing from Luke and my anxiety starts to build up about the possibilities . So I decide to go to his house remembering his address from this morning .

The door is open when I get there , nobody is home apart from Luke's car which is parked outside . I hear something upstairs , so I slowly go up the stairs .

I turn on my phone ringing Luke's phone , the ringing continues in another room . Following the phone ringing , I find Luke in the corner crying .

Instantly I run to him pulling Luke into my arms , tears threaten to spill but I keep them in for him . He cried " I'm so sorry " I say " shh it's okay you scared me , what's going on? Why are you apologizing?" .

Luke pulls up his sleeves on his hoodie , I stop him say " hey you don't have to show me it's okay " . Trying to comfort him in some way , tears rise in my eyes .

He shakes his head whispers " no I can't keep this from you " moving my hand from his sleeve . I notice how his wristbands aren't on anymore , just his hoodie covering them .

Luke looks up at me waiting on an reaction , but I don't do anything but trace the scars on his wrist . He sits me down on his lap , wrapping his arms around me tightly .

I lean against his chest , whisper " why?" He whispers " pain etc I wish I didn't but I have to " . Tears finally fall , how can someone hurt themselves like this? But i can't say that I do it everyday .

Luke wipes my tears with his thumb , kissing my cheek he whispers " you've been helping don't feel guilty " . I nod letting out built up emotions through sobs .

Luke pov
Violet lets out everything she's been holding in , I sit holding her till she calms down . The tears stopped flowing down my cheeks , as soon as I kissed her on the cheek .

She feels guilty , I know how she feels my best friends feel the same way and so does my mum . They know I do it , but don't push me to stop just make the pain easier although it never feels easier .

But my days with Violet some of it has been okay , I haven't felt the urges only today did i feel it all . She takes me into the bathroom , cleaning my wrists even after I told her no .

Violet looks up at me whilst cleaning up the blood , I grab her wrist say " hey stop it's fine I promise if it hurt I would of told you " . She nods putting the first aid kit away , sitting on the floor against the wall .

I take a seat next to her , I can't tell if she's angry or upset in general with me about this . Maybe she's not even angry at me .

Violet whispers " if you try to not cut il try to eat " I whisper " would you try that? For me? " . She nods smiling a little , I wrap my arm around her .

I wouldn't want to force her to eat , but I want her to try at lease try and if she can't il spend every minute trying to help her .

The silence picks up quick , I pull Violet into my arms noticing how cold her skin is . I slide off my hoodie , putting it on her taking Violet to the kitchen .

My mum sits at the breakfast bar , I say " hey mum " she smiles asks " who's this?" . Violet smiles says " I'm a friend of Luke's sorry to barge in " my mum says " no your welcome here any day or any time " smiling .

Writer's note : yay! Violet met Liz! Finally! 3 days till my bday . Follow , vote or comment .
TumblrteenXx