Promise ring

Luke Pov

I slide the small box into my pocket as Violet grabs my hand running down the stairs , my mum says " whoa slow down Vi its still gonna be there later " she pouts I say " it will be come on " going to the kitchen . The pile of pancakes lay on a plate , her eyes widen I say " wait " noticing how the guys run forward grabbing some .

After they are done there's nothing left , so I grab a pan starting to make Violet some food well pancakes since she at first wanted that . But the excitement on her face I can't not keep that going , since her cancer she hasn't been this excited in ages .

Violet eats her pancakes looking at me with a raised eyebrow noticing how I'm not eating , but I'm too nervous to eat anything . I've brought her a promise ring and I'm nervous about it .

The guys leave after eating breakfast , going home to their families but left presents for me and Violet . My mum stands doing the dishes whilst Vi sits on the sofa in my arms watching the Grinch .

She smiles now and again but her face confronts , almost as if Violet is in pain . I ask " you okay?" My mum walks in says " oh Hun " rushing to feel her head .

She says " Luke she's gotta go hospital we can't help her with this " I say " okay can you grab her pills , blanket and the penguin?." My mum nods I scoop Violet into my arms , she starts panicking I say " it's okay don't worry ."

I grab her blanket from my mum wrapping Violet up , giving her penguin who she hugs to her chest shaking . My mum drives us to the hospital , I keep check of Violet's temperature .

On the way I ring the guys telling them we have to go to the hospital and to meet us there if they can . The doctor rushes forward says " oh god follow me Luke " i follow her putting Violet down on the bed .

Tears rush to her eyes , I sit on the bed grabbing her hand I say " it's okay things are gonna be okay ." Violet shakes her head biting her lip to keep her from sobbing , I move closer wrapping my arms around Violet .

My mum sits near her , we both try to comfort Violet and she doesn't calm down . The doctor says " Hun I need you to breathe in and out calm down your okay just slight temperature nothing we can't sort okay?" Eventually Violet starts calming down slowly .

After the doctor injects something to help her sleep , I go outside to see the guys either standing or sat down . Michael says " hey any news?" I say " she's okay it's just the rise of the temperature but she's better here then what we could of done for her ."

Calum says " wait! What's that in your pocket?" I feel my pocket remembering the promise ring . Michael pulls it out says " aw! He was gonna give her a promise ring!" I nod feeling my cheeks go hot .

I say " pass it here then or else I can't give it to her " he smiles says " good luck " handing the small box back to me . Walking back into the room , Violet is sleepy but still awake talking to my mum .

My mum gets up but whispers good luck to me as she leaves the room . Violet has tears streaming down her cheek , I wipe them with my thumb sitting down on the chair .

Violet PoV
Luke sits down putting his face near mine as I lay on my side facing him , his thumb wipes my tears away . He whispers " you didn't ruin Christmas " knowing I'm probably thinking I did .

If it weren't for me we'd be at home , watching films and opening presents but it's this stupid cancer that stops that . Luke whispers " I got you something " pulling up a box handling it to me .

I open it gasping a little , it's a silver ring with " forever yours " on the inside craved in . My hands cup his cheeks , I kiss him on the lips whisper " thank you I love it ."

Luke smiles taking the ring sliding it on my finger , he kisses my forehead whispers " I love you ." I nod whispering " I love you too " grabbing his hand holding onto it . 

He takes my hand kissing it looking at me , my eyes start to drift shut but I don't let them wanting this Christmas to last . Although it wasn't the normal Christmas , it was the best one I've had in years .

I miss my parents , the gathering at the table and my mum letting me try different cakes she had made .

A small smile spreads on my lips noticing how Luke is asleep now . Bringing my lips to his forehead I kiss it before I shut my eyes myself .

Follow , vote or comment