Breathing

Violet Pov

Breathing . When you think of the word ' breathing ' you tend to think of the physical thing you do every day , which is breathing . But if i told you i haven't breathed until i met Luke , would you believe me? would you say you've been breathing every day.?

Truth is thats a lie , with my parents gone and my friends all gone , the guys are the only family i have left as well as Luke's mum but that's beside the point . I remember when it was snowing how my father took all the time off in the world just to spend it with me and my mum .

How he'd sit me on his shoulders when putting the star on the tree in the big living room but now Christmas is pointless to me . My parents aren't here to see me grow up or see me fight the cancer i have , but they wouldn't want to see me like this not laying in bed sick .

Taking steps i go towards the big window taking a seat on the windowsill like i used to , staring out at the snow noticing the kids running in it . A little girl stands in the front garden next door to us , she's building a snowman i notice how the box lays against the first ball she's now made .

The little girl looks up at the window , her eyes locked onto me i smile and wave to her . She smiles back but waves for me to come out i think Luke knows her and obviously told the girl about me .

I nod rushing to my clothes , Luke comes in says " woah slow down your gonna hurt yourself where are you going?." Sighing i say " outside it's snowing and the girl next door needs help with her snow man " he stops me says " your not going out there it's too cold your get even more sick ."

My eyes roll at him he grabs my arm stopping me , i huff say " are you gonna let me breathe or sit here and die?" he winces at the word ' die ' letting go of my arm . Dropping my clothes i pull him into a hug , snuggling into his chest say " come with me if i get too cold ill go back in ."

His lips form into a smile , he nods kissing me on my forehead grabbing a thick coat and jogging bottoms for me . Putting on my boots i grab Luke's hand going outside , letting the cold catch my face and my lips curl into a big smile .

Luke says " hey Jess!" she smiles running towards us , her small arms wrapping around his legs and he lifts her up placing her on his hip . Jess waves at me i say " hey!" she giggles says " hi Violet!" i smile at her excitment .

She runs over to the ball of snow i lean down to her height say " how about we make this snowman huge?" Jess giggles more nodding her head . I grab the snowball rolling it in more snow , patting it with my gloves and Luke smiles helping Jess .

I see a grey haired women assuming that's her nan looking after Jess , looking out of the living room window smiling at me and Luke . It starts to move along in time , the cold picks at me worse then i thought it would and i lose my balence .

Worry spreads on Luke's face he runs over to me picking me up in one movement running to the house and getting me by the fire in the living room . I bite my lip with tears rising in my eyes , i couldn't even do that for a couple minutes .

Luke Pov
I run Violet inside as soon as she loses her balance , grabbing blankets etc to put around her . She snuggles into the chair trying to steal the warmth from it .

Did she eat today? Shit I'm unsure if she did , wrapping the blankets around Violet I ask " did you eat and drink today? Did you take your meds?."

She shakes her head whispers " sorry " I say " it's okay I'll go get everything your okay ." Tears rise in her eyes I go grab a bowl of fruit , a drink and her meds from the side in the kitchen .

Once I'm back she's got her face pressed to her thighs , hugging her legs hiding from the world . Putting her stuff on the table I lift Violet onto my lap on the sofa .

I notice how her shoulders start to shake as sobs escape her mouth , my hand rubs her back . Violet looks up at me crying more , tears rise in my eyes I say " it's okay shhh your gonna be healthy promise your gonna fight this ."

Kissing her forehead I grab the bowl of fruit , she takes some eating it slow but I watch her making sure it doesn't happen again . Violet gulps down the milkshake but tears spill as she realises it's her pills next .

I say " it's okay just one okay?" She nods hiccuping so I wait till Violet calms down . Eventually she does but gets sleepy meaning Violet won't want to take her pill even tho she needs it .

Violet looks up at me pleading to not make her take it , but I do it for her health I know she hates it . She shakes her head I say " come on Vi it'll help you sleep and your health ."

Eventually she takes one from my hand , swallowing it with water and puts her tongue out as if it was really horrible . I chuckle say " wasn't hard was it?" Violet pouts but I rub her back she slowly falls asleep .

I notice how she moves closer to my chest and grabs hold of my hand . A small smile spreads on my lips as I kiss her head whisper " love you ."

Vote , comment , follow

Aestheticteens