2

Here is chapter two ladies and gents!
Some feedback would be awesome please, thank you ☺️.

For three days she remained in bed, immobile thanks to the herbs she was being given. The young physician attending to her came in regularly to make sure she was healing properly checking for signs of her fever recurring.

"Why is she still asleep!" She heard a voice bellow angrily making her heart rate increase in utter fear.
"Your highness her body has been through too much, hence she needs to rest for a few more days," she heard a timid voice respond before the door swung open with a bang.

He walked into the room as her eyes widened in shock.
Before her stood the king looking angry in all his royal glory. She quickly sat up making sure she was decent as she made a move to get off the bed.

Her movements where too quick for her still recuperating form as pain and a wave of dizziness overcame her. She hadn't been eating much hence her dizzy spell. On placing her feet on the floor she flinched from the pain that originated from the soles of her feet.

Biting her lip to mask this very painful she gasped as a hand stopped her from making any further movements.
"I am alright," she whispered stopping the hand only to hear loud gasps.

She froze afraid she had done something wrong, her hand still on the persons arm only to realize she had touched him.
"Leave us," he growled as everyone else scurried out of the room.

"Forgive me your highness," she whispered afraid of the very words that would escape his parted lips.

"Just lie down," he said in a gruff voice as his facial expression softened taking away a numerous amount of years showing his true youth. A gasp escaped her already parted lips as he said one simple word.
"Please."

Heart hammering against her ribcage she did as asked as he took the chair beside the small bed. A chair not fit for royalty, too small and too hard for his royal form.
"Now tell me what you where doing out at such an ungodly hour the other night?"

As soon as he asked that question he regretted it.
She avoided his piercing eyes as he looked at her intently. A long sigh broke the silence as she finally looked at him afraid of what he would say, better yet do.
"Judging from your feet you had been running for some time as well as running away from something or someone. I will get to the bottom of this even if you won't speak," he spoke in a calm manner, something he was not known for. 

She went rigid as his large hand settled above her smaller one. His gaze moved to their hands and he seemed to be lost in thought.
"Gareth will stay with you until you are all better," he said as his lips twitched into what seemed like a strained smile of reassurance. "You are safe here my dear," he added.

Silence resumed once more as she avoided his gaze.
"Look at me," he commanded her.
His brown eyes held her captive almost like in a trance as he studied her.
"Don't ever look away from me," he said in a hard tone regretting it instantly as she flinched in fear. Abruptly standing up he left the room instantly as she remained lost over what had just occurred.
The only emotion dominating her at that moment was fear.

Fear of the unknown. She was in foreign territory and knew no one, moreover trusted no one.

King Munyaradzi was known to be a very difficult man, a married man at that. Him touching her or even showing such care was uncouth. She had to leave the palace before trouble brewed. She already had enough problems at hand.

The physician came back and judging by the fact that he was alone she assumed he was the Gareth his highness had mentioned earlier.

"We have not been properly introduced due to you being knocked out most of the time," he laughed. "My name is Gareth, the Kings personal physician, of sorts. Though we have advanced some old ways have been kept, for example, using herbal remedies instead of some modern medicines, though the other physician is well versed in modern medicine, my father made it his goal to teach me about the different plants and their healing properties," he rambled before he smiled in embarrassment.
"Thank you for taking care of me sir. But I need to go back home," she said with regret sitting up.
"Of course but only once you are well. You can't walk in your current condition," he said indicating her feet. But you will be up and about soon enough. It's a good thing his highness found you just in time," he said as he applied the herbs underneath the soles of her feet watching her as she tried to hide the pain she felt.

"I also found bruising which is inconsistent with your tumble in the woods," he said watching her intently. "And also blood..."
"Please stop," she cut him off closing her eyes.
"Forgive me. I have not told anyone but you need to talk to someone," he said gently.
"Please sir," she begged once again as tears ran down her cheeks."
"Very well. Luckily no infection manifested from the lacerations caused by the branches. A good thing you didn't come into contact with poisonous plants along the way," he smiled looking at her.

She looked worried, afraid and in pain as she drifted off to sleep after taking some herbal mixture he gave her.

--------

"Why where you in the staff quarters?" Edith (The Queen) spat as she stormed into his room.
"I was seeing to a patient," he said in a calm manner as he pulled off his shirt.
"How do you think the staff will react to such behavior? Is this going to become a habit, you going to see to nonentities even after I asked you to join me for breakfast?"
"Know your place woman. Do I look like I care what they think? If anyone disapproves let them come to my face and utter their concerns," he growled as he put on a fresh shirt.
"Well I don't like this," she said crossing her arms over her bosom.

"You know what to do if you don't approve of my actions," he said taking a step towards her. "And you know how ecstatic I will be if you where to return to your father's house, after all you and I never had and never will have any chemistry whatsoever. There is no love between you and I."

Now if you will excuse me I have meetings to attend to. Close the door on your way out," he spat walking out of his room leaving her stunned.

So....
Comment, vote and promote all you want. Please feel free...👋