9

Holding her close he felt her relax slightly as she let out a long tired sigh; but the way she fisted his shirt in her hand told him she was still frightened. Something was not right. Another sigh captured his attention as he looked at his boy shifting slightly he found Rudo's grip on him tightening much more thus resulting in him getting comfortable as best he could. Their steady breathing somehow lulled him to sleep with each one of them secured in his arms.

Some time later the slight pressure on his arm as someone shook him awake brought him out of his slumber.
"What is the matter?" He asked as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes.
"You should go some rest your highness," she whispered.
Moving away from him she cast her eyes onto the ground as he rose to his feet.
Standing before her he reached out for her hand.

"Come with me," he said in a deep voice.
Looking up at him she shook her head no.
"Very well," he said walking across the room to get a chair. Settling in it he shifted Munashe to lay on his chest whilst he stretched out his legs making himself comfortable as he closed his eyes. "If you are not in your bed in the next five seconds I will put you in it myself he said his eyes still closed.

She looked at him baffled thinking to herself that he was going insane.
Snapping his eyes open he titled his head to look at her.
"I am not playing love," he said with a serious expression.
She looked at him as though he was truly mad. Making a move to sit up and stand she quickly stood moving to the bed.
"Good girl," he said with a smirk as she laid still on the bed facing him. "Now go to sleep, I am not going anywhere. You are safe and sound," he said softly as he moved his chair closer to her bed. Stretching out his hand to her she hesitantly took it as he gave it a gentle squeeze.

Holding her hand he fell asleep as she did the same.
She woke up early the following morning only for Gareth to find her ready and prepared for their usual morning exercises. A walk in the garden as the sun rose always put a smile on her face. The morning dew still clung to the plants cooling the soles of her feet as Gareth let her roam freely keeping a watchful eye on her as she looked at ease.

"You may leave Gareth," he heard the king say startling him.
Walking towards the gazebo servants went ahead carrying platters of food setting them down on the table. She had been too engrossed in picking up the flowers to see all the activity occurring around her. It was only when he heard her humming did he also see the earphones she was wearing.

The tune sounded oddly familiar but he pushed it aside. He frowned noticing her movements where calculated and not as swift as should be. Clearing his throat he called her out but realized she would not hear him. Informing a servant to go get her he watched as the servant told her pointing towards the gazebo. Dropping the flowers she moved as fast as she could towards the gazebo. Standing a few meters away she bowed her head greeting him formaly making sure to not look at him at all.

"Good morning your highness," he let out a huff trying to control himself as anger suddenly coursed through his system.
"I told you to look at me always did I not?"
Slowly lifting her head he saw her visibly swallow before she apologized making him clench his jaw in thought.
"Good morning Rudo," he said gently.
"Good morning your highness," she responded.

He passed by her walking to where she had been earlier. Before she could stop him he crouched down to pick up the flowers she had dropped, each and every one of them. Holding them in one hand he walked up to her looking intently at her.
"You dropped your flowers," he said with a smile as her mouth fell open no words coming out. "You are welcome," he said with a smirk. "Now shall we have our breakfast," he said taking her hand leading the way to the table as she remained silent.

"Sire..I don't think this is appropriate. Should the queen not be the one joining you for breakfast?"
"I see no problem in having breakfast with whomever I like. If she or anyone has a problem with who I am friends with, or who I dine with, they can tell me in my face," he said with a sour expression.
"Friend?" She questioned looking confused.
"Yes, you are my friend. For you I am willing to go against whatever society sees as uncouth especially for a king," he said without flinching.