16

"Shouldn't the queen be accompanying you to this meeting?" Rudo said as they made their way to the airport.
"She will not be joining us due to circumstances beyond my control," he said with a smirk.
Rudo looked troubled by this. But was baffled to see several cars pulling up as the queen stepped out of one of the cars. Munya took a step towards her but stopped as the leaders he has invited showed up there and then.
Without another word he led the way onto the Boeing 747.

Rudo stood with Gareth as the other leaders and their spouses boarded the plane.

Boarding the plane after them she looked in awe at the splendor of the interior of the air craft. Comfort was the first word that came to mind. The seats called out to one to sit upon them, the flight attendants all looked similar wearing bright smiles as they ushered their guests to their seats for take off.

"If you may follow me," one of the young girls said as Rudo followed her looking back to find Gareth going elsewhere. Before she could take another Munashe's nanny came up to her to take the child. She somehow felt bare without the child in her arms as she caught several of the leaders looking in her direction before averting their eyes.

The stewardess led the way to her seat but stopped in her tracks bowing her head just as Munya descended the stairs to join them from the second floor of the plane.
Walking further down the stairs the queen appeared thus making her way towards him intending to meet him halfway as he had yet to greet his guests formally.

Stretching out his hand she smiled with pleasure before her smile turned into a frown as he lowered his hand shoving both hands into his pockets.

Walking past the stewardess whose head remained bowed Rudo looked baffled. Lowering his form he whispered into her ear,
"I have been looking for you love."
Rudo stood speechless wondering what everyone on that very floor was thinking.
With a smirk he turned to his guests who all stood heads bowed some taking a peek to see if they where indeed imagining what had just happened.

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for being punctual and joining my family and I for this business trip. I do hope you enjoy the flight. Gentlemen we shall have a short meeting in an hours time then you may enjoy the flight with your wives. Now if you will excuse me," he said in a serious tone.

Taking a step towards the stairs he stopped in his tracks looking back to find Rudo still standing where she stood.
Walking back to her he whispered into her ear, "Do you need me to carry you up the stairs," he whispered making her gasp.
He simply looked at her as she gave him a look that spoke the very words she so wished to utter.
"You wouldn't dare?"
"Try me," he said offering his hand.

She shook her head no.
He chuckled at this as he walked away listening for the shuffle of her small feet.
Waiting for her to go ahead of her he followed behind her as she walked up the stairs.

"Here you go," he smiled handing her a glass of orange juice to somewhat calm her down.
Laughing as she drank the juice looking murderous he sat down crossing his legs as he leaned back in a relaxed manner looking at her. 
"Why would you do such?" She seethed. Now they all think I am your mistress for goodness sake," she said worriedly as she took a seat.

"Love, calm down," he said moving closer to her as he cupped her cheek with one hand holding her hand with the other.
"How can I calm down when you have created this problem for me. Why would you do that to your wife. Humiliate her in front of everyone, gosh I can only imagine what she is going through right now.

"Take a deep breath," he said softly as she did as he asked. "Good girl," he smiled as she calmed down. Pressing a button he told the captain they where ready for departure before he pressed another calling for an attendant.