27

"I can't say the same," Munya said with a frown as he saw his brothers gaze turning to his wife.
"Good evening my queen," he said bowing before Rudo who simply acknowledged him with a smile.
Munya remembered the incident in Paris realizing she was completely oblivious to his brothers intentions.

Snaking his arm around her waist he pulled her closer to him showing Simba that she was off limits. Simba smiled facing his older brother.
"Ever protective of her I see," he said.
"Love why don't you go find our seats. Let me have a word with my brother," he said taking her hand caressing it.
Looking up at him she smiled as he leaned down towards her. He felt her hand on his cheek as she kissed her deeply.
"Be nice," she whispered feeling how tense he was as her hand moved to rest on his chest.
"Simba," she acknowledged him before walking away flanked by her two guards as the other two remained with Munya.

Walking towards the bar Simba ordered a drink but Munya didn't bother.
"She really is something your wife," he murmured sipping his glass of wine.
"Watch what you say about my wife," Munya growled but Simba ignored him.
"Such a shame she had to be scarred because of tradition. I hear she was touched by another, such a shame. It would have been exquisite to taste a true virgin," he smirked seeing Munya take a step closer to him.

"Now if I were you I would keep my cool. Take a look at this," he said pulling out his phone.
Munya froze as he looked at a picture of Rudo in her dance studio smiling at the little girl. The next showed as she stepped out of the building. Another showed her walking across the street to his office building with her guards. In all the pictures she looked happy.
"What are you up to?" Munya growled.
"Nothing. Just keeping an eye on the great kings' weakness. A beautiful weakness," he said.
"Show my brother the way out," he growled as the two guards stepped forward.
Before the men could lead him away Rudo appeared.
"Darling," She said as he turned to face her.
"Is your brother joining us?" She asked him.
"Oh not tonight love. He was just leaving," he said.
"Oh how unfortunate. Well enjoy your evening Simba," she said seeking Munya's hand as they interlocked their fingers.

"Care for a drink love?" He asked her.
"Red grape juice would be lovely," she whispered as he ordered two glasses for them.
Mingling with the other guests he relaxed forgetting about Simba. Snaking his arms around her he held her close as they discussed politics with a group of influential men.
"Your highness, if I didn't know better I would say you two are on your honeymoon. You haven't let go of the lady since you joined us."
"Well what can I say. With a room of filthy rich bastards like yourself I have to guard my wife else she will be snatched away," Munya said looking at his wife as she looked up at him with a smile whilst the man laughed.
"And I have to keep the ladies away from what is mine," she said as the man saluted them saying touché.
Munya lifted her hand to his lips giving her a seductive smile as she leaned more into him.

"May I have this dance," he asked her as a familiar song came on.
Smiling at him she said yes as he led her onto the dance floor. He held her close to him as they moved slowly to the tune.
"What bothers you dear husband?" She asked as he held her hand close to his frantic beating heart.
"It's my brother," he murmured. "He is after something I love dearly," he said softly for her ears.
"Can he not find his own I mean he has the means and money to get anything he wants," she said.
"He does but..." Munya sighed.
"But?" She asked.
"But he can't have you," he whispered tightening his hold on her as he looked into her eyes.
"What?" She asked in shock.
"Smile love we have an audience," Munya said as he released her waist twirling her around just as the song finished.

Walking off the dance floor arm in arm her body language told him all he needed to know. Walking out of the hall he signaled two guards to keep guests out of the office they entered.
"Munya what are you talking about?" She spat furiously.
"Love relax I will not let him touch you," he said as she paced back and forth as she began to hyperventilate. Swinging open the balcony windows he watched as she took a deep breath as she gripped his arms tears rolling down her face.
"Why can't we catch a break?" She gasped. "Why is it we have to face one more challenge when we are happy?"
"I don't know Love, but one thing I know is I am not losing you to anyone or anything," he said pulling her into his arms.