13

"How is she?" he growled pacing in her room as soon as a nurse walked into the room.
Just then the doors opened much wider as her bed was wheeled in. She lay looking pale and fragile a state he so hated.

"We found something in her blood samples, a well know herb that the older generation used to use to rid of any unwanted pregnancies. Now this dose was more lethal," the doctor informed him. "Luckily she came here just in time to flash the drug out of her system but however the baby did not survive," he stated.

"Thank you," he said turning away from the man as he moved towards her bed taking her hand in his.
Turning her head to face him he reached out to wipe the tears on her face.
"What is happening to me?"

"Ssshhh, I will get to the bottom of this," he said knowing the culprit was most likely among the staff they spent the day with at the cottage. "Whoever did this to you will pay dearly," he murmured bringing her hand to his lips. "All I need you to do is focus on getting your strength back love," he said in a gruff voice.
"Where is my brother?"
"He is outside waiting to see you. I will be right back," he said looking like he was going to murder someone.

Stepping out of her room he saw Nash waiting to see his sister. As soon as Munya stepped out of the room he ran towards him asking about her. After calming the boy down he watched his enter her room.
"From today I will handle all her meals," he told John who looked very worried. "Tell all the staff from the cottage to wait in the quad. No one is to leave," he growled.
"As you wish your highness," John said with a bow as he took out his phone.

"Make all the arrangements as we go to the main office," he said looking at his blood stained clothes before seeing Gareth holding a bag. Pulling out a white shirt and black slacks he walked back to Rudo's room to find her laughing with her brother as he headed for the bathroom. Walking back out in the fresh clothing he accepted the shoes John handed over to him before closing the door.

"I must run off to the office but I will be back very soon. Your phone is on the table," he said putting on the formal leather shoes. Standing up he slowly rolled up his sleeves as he made his way to her bed.

"Nash be a good sport and tell John to ready the car," he said with a smile.
"Okay," the boy said with a smile running out of the room.
"What do you want for dinner?"
"I am not really hungry," she murmured watching his every move as he finished rolling up the sleeve of the other arm revealing his strong arms.
"I see," he simply said sitting on the bed.
"If you won't eat then so will I," he said leaning close to her.
"But..."

"What do you want for dinner?" he said cutting her off.
"Potatoes. Mashed potatoes," she blurted out the first thing that came to mind.
"That's all? No gravy, vegetables or meat?" he asked in mock surprise.
"Of course with some gravy, silly," she chuckled. "The rest is up to you," she said with a sigh looking tired.
"Alright love. I have to go now but in the mean time let me give you something better to think of," he said capturing her lips before she could turn her head away.

He felt her small hand on his chest as she pushed him away.
"Mint," she whispered when he distanced himself from her.
He wore a mischievous smile as he looked down at her licking her lips most likely still tasting the mint.

"Time to go be the big bad wolf," he whispered more to himself.
"Please Munya," she pleaded with him knowing what exactly he meant by those words.
"See you in a few hours love," he smirked.

-----------------

Walking into his office building everyone could already tell he was pissed off just from his stride and angry expression.

"I want those documents on my desk before I step into my office," he growled at John who was rushing to keep up with him.

"Yes sire," he said already on the phone as they waited for the elevator.