4

"A private room is what I require. With two beds and a sofa. Nothing more, nothing less. You have one hour," he stated as the doctor looked at him baffled before turning to Gareth for help.

Both men excused themselves as Munya looked at his son who was still fast asleep ignoring whatever they were discussing. He walked into the room she was in. Three other people occupied the room, knocked out by whatever drugs were being pumped into them. The same went for Rudo.

She had an oxygen mask on making it hard for him to see her face. A face he so badly wanted to see without any hindrances. Taking her hand in his he sighed feeling somehow at peace jut holding her small, soft hand. His gaze traveled down her body as he looked at her small frame. It seemed as though she had lost weight which he frowned upon. Had his eyes been deceiving him all this while?

He saw her frown showing she was in pain as beads of sweat glistened on her forhead. She seemed restless as his hold on her hand tightened watching her slowly relax. After a few minutes he let go of her hand just before Gareth returned with two nurses.

Transfering her to the private room he settled into the chair after placing his son in the crib. He smiled seeing they had brought in a comfortable bed instead of the normal stiff hospital beds. John had made haste in the preparation of the room, for that he was grateful.

Settling into the seat he stared out at the star studded sky wondering what his next move would be. A storm was brewing and he did not want to expose this woman to such chaos after whatever hell she had experienced.

A sharp knock broke the silence as John entered the room clutching a phone.
"Your highness your wife wants to speak with you," he whispered.
"Not now," he waved off the man.
"But sire..."
"I said not now!" He yelled glaring at his assistant who quickly retreated mumbling excuses into the phone at once.

Taking a deep breath he checked on his son finding him still asleep before moving to the larger bed to do the same thing. He didn't want to disturbed either one of thems' slumber.
He took the time to study her, trying to find what about her was pulling him towards her. When she had stopped him from helping her lay back he couldn't explain the way his heart skipped a beat at just her mere touch. Or the flood of concern towards her he had each time he was near her. All he wanted to do was hold her and protect her like he did his son. But that was something he could not do. Especially because he was married. Maybe he could take her as his second wife and until he knew exactly what it was about her that pulled him towards her. But no he was not that man. One to put an innocent girl under the wrath of his so called wife.

Her black eyes where hidden away from him due to sleep. Her luscious lips and small nose enclosed in the oxygen mask but nonetheless never hiding her appeal. A frown marked her brow as he unconsciously reached put to smooth the worry lines, all in the hope of somehow easing her tension.
Dark chocolate skin had him thinking about the actual sweet wondering if she too was that sweet better yet delicious. The gown did nothing to hide her bosom which she was truly blessed with, he observed feeling like a pervert as he admired her lazily. He remembered how she had tried her best to hide this from him that first night. That night her attire showed off her wide hips and an ass for days. Her behind could definitely hypnotise him he thought to himself as he remembered that day all too clearly.

His hands curled into fists as he remembered her fear, her tears and the pain she so desperately tried to hide from him, from his guards. Whatever made her run out onto the road at that specific time he thanked the Lord that it had been him she bumped into.

Taking the damp cloth from her bedside he wiped her brow slowly afraid to wake her up before he looked down at her wondering to himself what exactly he was doing. Returning to his chair once more he settled back letting sleep consume him.

------

Early morning he startled awake realizing he had slept far more than he intended. He found Munashe still fast asleep but was surprised to find Rudo awake.
Reaching for the oxygen mask he saw surprise and fear register on her face as he gently lifted her head to remove the mask. Opening her mouth to speak nothing came out as she found her throat too dry.
Grabbing a cup he helped her take a sip of the water as a smile formed on his face surprising her even more making her choke on the water.

"You really know how to gain my attention," he whispered in a gruff voice as he helped her soothe her short bout of coughing.
"Forgive me your highness."
"What for? I should have brought you to the hospital as soon as you found me," he said gently. "Now that you are awake I can focus on my daily schedule," he said straightening up.

Standing up he straightened his attire scratching his long beard in thought realizing why his son alway attacked his chin ever since he neglected shaving it off.
"John!" His voice boomed, definitely waking up the young prince in the process.
His assistant rushed into the room looking panicked.
"My phone," he stated as the man pulled out the said phone from his pocket.
"When I call answer," he said watching her bewildered expression but also a hint if something that told him she would not bother.

"Leave us," he snapped before waiting in silence until the door closed.
Closing his eyes he took a deep breath before slowly releasing it.
"When I call, may you please answer the phone. Only if you are awake," he said softly.
She looked at him in horror suddenly shaking her head no regretting the move immedialty.

Biting her lip to stifle her cry of pain his hand shot out to steady her neck as she tried to relax once more.
"Please," he said in a low voice afraid she would hurt herself some more.
"Ok," she mouthed.

Just then the queen barged into the room stopping at what she saw before.
A loud unladylike laugh escaped her lips.

"Is this the thing that has kept you away from the palace all night. Will she be the second wife you so threatened to take after we got married," she cackled in mockery.
"Watch yourself woman. What I do with my time is none of your concern. We both know what you do in your own spare time or should I say who you do, in you spare time," he seethed in a low tone not wanting to create a scene even though the door was closed.

"You cannot tarnish my name like this, with this..this thing," she said indicating Rudo.
"Get out of my sight," he said in a dangerously low tone that had her shutting up instantly looking at him as though he was joking. "Edith get out, now," he said as she tried to challenge him losing the battle easily.

Pulling at his hair he startled her by slamming his fisted hand into the wall in anger. Keeping his teeth clenched he took in all the pain as she looked at him beyond frightened. Walking towards her bed he didn't bother looking at his hand as blood started to drip to the floor.

Looking hurt not by the outlet of his rage but by the queens' words, he dragged a chair closer to the bed before he lay his head close to her hand looking up at her.
"I'm sorry," he whispered as he covered that very hand with his hurt one. "Forgive her for the words she uttered," he said in a gruff voice.

How was that?