29

"Mother," he said after swallowing the lump on his throat.
Turning to look at him she dropped the little spade as she gasped. Undoing his suit button he slowly made his way to her before he went on his knees head bowed.
"Forgive me mother," he said in a gruff voice.
"Nooo, forgive me my son," she cried. "I am the one who wronged you," she said as tears ran down her cheeks as she embraced her son.

Wiping her tears away she looked at him.
"Your wife seems like a good woman. I have heard the servants speak highly of her something they never did with your first wife," she said looking sad. "I thought I had chosen a good woman for you, but clearly I was wrong. Now I will never see any future grandchildren of mine that is if you have any more children," she said looking broken. "That poor girl, what have I done," she said covering her mouth as she thought of all she had put Rudo through. "She must hate me, I humiliated her in the worst manner possible and hurt her so so terribly," she said looking at her son for confirmation.

Munya looked at her as he saw her realize her own errors.
"She is the one who actually told me to come see you," he said as he took his mother's arm leading her indoors.

———

"I would really like some peaches. Are there any in the house?" Rudo asked as she walked into the house with Vimbai by her side whilst several servants followed behind carrying shopping bags.

"They are out of season my queen," Vimbai said regretfully as Rudo looked defeated.

"Have the clothes I bought stored separately from the rest. Do the same for my husbands'," she instructed as they bowed their heads accepting the order. Telling Vimbai to go monitor the task at hand watched as they went up the staircase.
Turning to walk towards the living room she saw Munya standing by the door still in his work clothes sleeves rolled up showing off his tribal tattoos with his hands in his pockets. He was wearing a smile as his mother appeared beside him.

Looking from him to her she saw the worry in the queen mother's eyes.
"My child," she said as tears ran down her cheeks walking towards her. "Can you find the strength to forgive me for what I did to you. I deserve whatever punishment or curse you choose," she wept standing in front of Rudo.
"Why would I not forgive my mother," Rudo simply said as the woman looked at her in shock. "You are a mother not only to Munya but to a nation," she said as she wrapped her arms around the old woman. "But a warning for future reference, if there is ever a next time and you will never see that man over there or your grandchildren," she whispered as she looked at the woman with a smile.

"You chose well my son," his mother said with a chuckle linking her arm with Rudo's.

Before he could say anything both women disappeared towards the salon. Leaving them to hash things out he went to his office to get some work done.
Two hours passed before he went in search of her. It was those same two hours it had taken for his packaged to arrive. He found her still with his mother as they shared a cup of tea. Seeing he needed to talk to his wife his mother said her goodbyes.

Topping up her cup of tea she slowly brought the cup to her lips closing her eyes savoring the liquid as she opened her eyes to find him kneeling before her.

"Forgive me love," he said ashamed with the way he had reacted to her simple request.

Placing her cup down he moved closer to her taking her hands in his.

"I'm sorry," he whispered as she cupped both his cheeks tears running down her cheeks as he moved closer parting her legs as he wiped away her tears.

Looking at him without a word she leaned towards him placing her lips on his forehead as his arms went around her abdomen. Looking at him closely she saw what two days apart had done to him. Clearly he wasn't sleeping and hadn't been grooming himself properly judging by his beard alone. Looking into his eyes she kissed him closing her eyes in the process. Stroking her lips with his tongue he begged for entrance which she gave  feeling his hand cupping her cheek as he lead the kiss. Pulling away from her he looked at her making sure that he was not imagining this.