12

Looking at his supposed wife he clenched his jaw trying his best to not say anything he would regret.
You could hear a pin drop in the room as they stared daggers at each other.
"If you are done you may leave," he said as she looked at him wide eyed. Her mouth hung open in disbelief at his simple statement.
Looking towards Rudo who was dwindling with her fingers she turned on her heel sucking her teeth in anger.

As soon as the door clicked closed she dared not even lay her eyes on him. Turning her face towards him he let go of her once her eyes were on him.
"I am sorry about that," he whispered looking worried before turning to leave. "If you need anything don't hesitate to ask," he said as he reached for the door.

Standing outside her door he leaned against it deep in thought before an idea popped into his head. Summoning his assistant they left the palace heading to the dilapidated house he still owned having refused to sell it. It was the house that had housed his nanny as a child. But she and her family had long since moved away. Small and just something Ru would appreciate they arrived.

He smiled already visualizing her face as a smile graced her features.
"Have all these weeds cleared and the house patched up by morning," he said as he got baffled looks from even his guards.
Looking at the time it was nine pm. He turned back towards the car leaving his assistant on his phone at the site.

Sighing in content he couldn't wait for tomorrow. That night he slept soundly picturing her smile.

------

Slowly making her way to the door she reached for the handle opening it only to find Gareth standing by lighting up when once he saw her.
"Good morning. His royal highness is expecting you in his office," he stated enthusiastically.
"Thank you," she murmured as she followed him.

"Right on time," he smiled shooting out of his chair as the men he was currently in a meeting did the same looking confused.
"Good morning your highness," she said softly bowing her head.
"Good morning Ru," he said hiding his anger at the formality.

She saw this but chose to ignore him anyway.

"Excuse us gentlemen," he stated as they all filed out of the room.
"Forgive me for intruding I did not know you were in a meeting," she said casting her eyes away from him.

Before she knew it he stood in front of her tilting her head towards him.
"Hmmm you said good morning the wrong way," he said in a deep tone.
"Good morning Munya," she said unable to look away from him.
"Good morning Ru," he said removing his fingers from her chin to the back of her head. "Now is that not much better," he whispered as he leaned towards her stopping so only when she took a step back causing him to release her.

Clearing his throat he smiled at her when she expected anger for her actions.
"There is something I want to show you," he said excitement written all over his face.
"What about your meeting?"
"They are continuing with it. Besides I will be back before they even make any sound decisions."
"But..."
"You worry too much love," he chuckled as he allowed her out of the office first having let go of her hand for appearances sake.

He would have loved to continue holding her hand but he feared what she would go through if his mother or wife saw them. Besides he knew a number of the staff supported his mother and wife, he feared she would face some challenges due to them if he was not careful. Though they knew not to touch even a hair on her head with how creative the human mind was they would surely cook up something.

Driving out of the palace she was surprised when they pulled up to a lovely little cottage.
"For you," he said indicating the house as she looked at him baffled. "You want your own space, this is it. Away from all the drama my wife might create, until you tell me where your home is, you will stay here."
She looked at him and then the house before falling to her knees as she thanked him.