8

"I see you have a new girl."
"Oh she is just a friend I am helping," Munya said with a sour expression as Rudo disappeared from his sight.
"Hmm a pretty friend you have there I must say," he responded with a mischievous glint in his eyes.
"Can we talk about why you are here instead of you giving me a breakdown of who is pretty or not under my roof," Munya growled.
"Forgive me, my king," he said with a submissive bow of his head.

Shifting his son he started walking once more ignoring the man.
Yes they were 'friends' of sorts through business of course. But Munya never really liked the man, he could see through his charms. The man only wanted power, hence his mediocre thinking. Him of all people thought he could use Munya but little did he know it was the other way round.

That is why greedy men would always fall in the end. He never did read the contract he signed with his company after all.
"The water project is coming along smoothly . Some investors actually want a piece of the action saying its a way of giving back to the country."

"Hmmm," Munya responded already knowing what was coming as he tilted his head to look at the pompous man wondering why he even bothered entertaining him.
"Take for example Green Co. want to invest ten million into the project," he said with enthusiasm.
Munya smirked since they actually wanted to invest fifteen million. A young maid walked up to them obviously there to take his son before he turned to look at Eddy.

"That is very interesting. Tell me more," he said said locking his hands behind his back as they continued to walk at a leisurely pace.
How he even associated with such still baffled him to this very day.
I must have been losing it, he thought to himself his mind wondering off to Rudo. She hadn't been too happy to see Eddy, it had been as though she knew him.

He was known to be a womanizer of course and there was no doubt he had bothered all the girls in his palace. A point that was brought to him by John on several occasions after he was found harassing several girls.
"Listen Eddy, I really must attend to some other business. But you can have your team set up a meeting with mine as well as all the potential investors for some later date. My schedule is already packed for the month as it is.

"Of course your highness. I shall personally hear from John when exactly you are free," he said with a forced smile.
"Excellent," Munya said with a smirk just as John walked up to them bowing his head in greeting. "Attend to our guest," he said in a deep voice before he walked away.

Leaving for work he felt free being away from the palace but at the same time unsure of himself. He had this nagging feeling in the pit of his stomach as he arrived at his office.

Yes his kingdom could supply more than enough money for their survival but he chose to not use that money. Making his own money brought justification when he bought, be it clothes or basic necessities. The other money went back to the people, he was not one to exploit another's hard labour.

A stack of invitations lay on his table as he settled down to deal with them and the paperwork before him.
All the leaders from the twelve states that made up his country where being invited to a leaders meeting in England in two weeks time, curtesy of him. He needed them relaxed as he discussed the problems that were arising especially those of quarrels between certain leaders. Using his jet all the families would go, whilst the women played the men would work which was normally routine whenever he had such gatherings.

He sighed in defeat knowing Edith would be his companion. How he wished it was Rudo instead. Any fool could see she was intelligent. Her beauty might not be as striking as his wife's but she was beautiful in his eyes. He smiled picturing her smile, the smile that showed off her chipped tooth an anomaly that made her smile striking. Her skin might be scarred but each scar would definitely hold a certain beauty in the near future. Her figure was like no other. Even his wife could not contest with her, he thought to himself.

He shook his head realizing he was making comparisons between the girl and his wife. And the girl was obviously winning by a large margin. Even his son knew a good woman when he saw one, he smiled to himself remembering how she had easily soothed him. He realized she would be a fantastic mother. Whoever won her hand in marriage would be the luckiest man alive, she was a rare gem indeed. Just picturing her with child brought a smile to his face that had his cheeks burning from the sensation before he realized he had gone way overboard.

Clearing his mind he turned his attention back to the stack of invitations calling in John. After signing each invite they went out for distribution whilst he focused on other work documents.
Looking outside he saw that it was already dark and upon looking at the time discovered it was already ten in the evening. He sighed sitting back in his chair as a thought occurred to him. Picking up his phone he dialed his other line.
After three rings he smiled expecting her voice only to hear a frantic voice answering him.

"Give it to me," he heard Gareth yell.
"Sire, forgive me," he rattled out.
"Why are you answering this phone?" He snapped angrily.
"Your highness we have been trying to calm her down but nothing seems to be working," Gareth stated as Munya stood from his seat instantly.
"Who are you trying to calm down? What is going on over there?"
"Rudo, your highness. She..she... Hello, sire. Your highness..." Gareth spoke into the dead receiver.

Leaving his jacket behind he rushed to the door swinging it open with a great force as his security looked at him startled.
"The palace, now!" His voice boomed as they rushed towards the elevator.

His phone rang a few minutes later as he heard his son crying his lungs out.
"Something is wrong your majesty. Munashe won't stop crying," his nanny spoke. He ended the call sighing in frustration.
"I swear if we are not at the palace within the next five minutes, this will be the last time you drive this vehicle," he growled looking outside.

As soon as they arrived at the palace he found the nanny holding his son who wouldn't stop crying. As soon as the boy spotted him he reached out for his father who quickly took him away from his nanny.
"He is burning up! Did you even check his temperature!" He yelled as the boy buried his head in the crook of his neck quietening down to sniffles.
"No your highness. I am sorry your highness," the nanny apologized.
"Pack your bags and leave. I pay you to look after him thus checking to make sure his health is intact," he growled walking away from the woman.

Without another word he walked towards the staff quarters.
Gareth was trying to talk to Rudo who sat plastered against the wall between the clothes chest and wall. Legs pulled up to her chest as she rocked back and fourth.
"Leave us!" He spat.
Looking at her he knew something was really bothering her as he moved closer to her.
"Rudo," he said softly as she remained in the same state not responding. He inched closer before he sat down leaning against the wall close to her blocking her into the corner she had placed herself.

"Rudo talk to me," he said removing the t-shirt Munashe wore. He was already burning up as it is.
He released a shaky sigh utterly defeated as to what to do. It seemed as though she wasn't even in there.
"It's funny how you have completely flipped my world upside down without even knowing it. For that I am not complaining one bit. Matter of fact it's safe to say I love this," he said a smile gracing his face. "I know someone hurt you, if only you can tell me who. Just a name is all I need to make your suffering go away," he said lost in his thoughts.

"Someone wants to say hi. He also isn't feeling good at the moment," he said looking completely lost as to what to do.
"Ru please look at us," he said dejectedly.
She stopped her movements as he watched for any reaction.
"Please," he whispered as she slowly looked up at him.
"Come here," he gestured opening his arm for her as she slowly moved into his embrace still looking lost.
"Everything is going to be okay love."

Hope you enjoyed....
Vote
Comment
Promote🙄🙄