24

He never let go of her hand as they walked towards the helicopter. This one bigger than the other so as to occupy all of them. Sitting between Gareth and Munya she felt vulnerable as she was the only woman there.
Reaching the palace in record time Gareth led the way running ahead to announce his arrival but was not fast enough as he stopped midway when the king stepped into the room.

"What is the meaning of this!" His voice thundered as the room became quiet.
"Where is that witch!" His mother spat barging into the hall.

Munya felt his blood boil as no one answered him.
"Why are you all gathered here?" He asked the elders ignoring his mother. "Escort her out," he said as his mother looked at him stupefied.
Leaving the room with the little dignity she had, only the elders remained. Once the doors where shut he walked towards the throne never leaving Rudo as she went to stand behind the throne.

Leaning back he rested his head on his arm as he rested his other leg over his knee in a bored manner.
"Begin," he waved his hand seeing that Samson was the only elder not present.
"Your highness," one of them began just as the heads of each state walked into the room looking worried. They all wore the traditional robes which made Munya frown as this showed that it was indeed a serious matter.

"We heard of your marriage. What of your first wife?" The elder spoke.
"Edith is no longer my wife. The only woman who you will refer with such a title is by my side," he said in a clear voice holding out his hand as Rudo placed her hand on his shoulder.
"Hence the reason we have gathered here. Rumor has it she was touched by another man before you wed her. Custom demands that..." he stopped as Munya stood to his feet in anger.

"How dare you even think of such! My queen will not go through such!" He roared in anger as the men stepped back. "You know not of the circumstances that led her to were she is! If anyone of you utters any more nonsense there will be blood spilled," he said standing tall as he looked down upon them as some stepped back further upon hearing his words.
They all knew Munya never made empty threats.
"My love please," he heard her whisper as he reigned in his temper. Looking at her she saw the pain in his eyes but realized it had to be done.
"Gareth will take you to our room love," he whispered into her ear slightly brushing his lips against her cheek. With a bowed head she left the room with Gareth out of respect of the men who stood before them.
Only a few showed her respect as some frowned upon her.

"Whatever spell she has cast upon you the high priest can remove," he heard another elder say.
"If you were having problems with your wife you should have informed us instead of going off to marry a whore," the same elder said as Munya trembled in rage.

"Who is behind this gathering?" He said stepping down from the throne as he moved towards the elders.
Each of them looked at one man in particular. The one with the loud mouth.
"Stanford I should have known. You see my father never did like you, he just tolerated your loud mouth. I on the other hand have had enough," he said as two guards grabbed ahold of the elder bringing him to Munya. "You spoke ill of your queen, my wife. Had you actually thought of doing some investigation you would have discovered that her innocence was stolen from her," he whispered as the old man realized what his king meant.
"I...I...My king," he stuttered as Munya grabbed ahold of his hand. Removing the bands that showed his titles he watched as the men crumbled before him.
"My king please," he heard as Rudo ran towards him.

Stopping his actions he looked at her tear stained cheeks as he looked at Gareth who looked defeated.
"Do not be angry with them because of me. I blame myself for all this. What is it that is required of me for your people to see that I am not after anything but just your love," she demanded as the old men looked at her some in utter disbelief as some looked like they just got a scolding.