23

"Rudo," the old man said. He seemed to have aged since she last saw him. "My child where have you been? My king," the old man said dropping to his knees with deep respect as Munya stood before him. "Please have a seat," the old man said once the king acknowledged him.
Just as he took his seat Matthias arrived with John. Munya greeted Samson accordingly before he let Matthias speak. Rudo had gone inside the house with Nash upon discovering that her best friend Tarisai was inside cleaning the house.

"I hope I find you well," Matthias greeted Samson. Speaking in hushed tones Munya made his intentions known as the old man looked at him in shock. Looking towards the door he saw the girl who most likely was Rudo's friend eavesdropping on their conversation before she quickly rushed bVk into the house upon realizing she had been spotted.

"Rudo!" Samson called out once as Munya looked at him in question.

"Papa you called for me," she said looking at Munya in shock. "Your highness," she said bowing her head.
Acknowledging her Munya remained silent knowing she did this as tradition required.

Informing her to go call some of his siblings Samson sat patiently waiting as his sister arrived first baffled to see her brother sitting with the king and his men.
"You are the closest thing to a mother the girl has thus you will represent her as such. These man here have come to ask for my daughters hand in marriage," he said as the woman beamed with joy. "I want to know if she is pregnant for this man before we proceed, this is too good to be true," the old man said making everyone look at him in surprise.

Rushing into the house to see if indeed this was true Rudo was the first to walk out of the house looking confused. Looking at Munya he looked at her closely asking her to remain calm with his eyes.

As the man discussed the dowry Rudo did not speak unless spoken to. She was seething at the outrageous amounts of money her father demanded once her Aunt gave him a thumbs up.
"Fifteen cows is what I want. We know damn well he can afford it," Samson said as he argued with his brothers who were telling him to not demand such.
Matthias looked towards his king who only nodded his head as John typed away on his phone.
"I shall give you twenty cows," Munya finally spoke shutting him up. "As well as a hundred thousand dollars as a token of my appreciation," he said as a briefcase was placed before Samson's feet.

"And I take my wife and her brother away with me tonight," he said as the man looked at him.
"Very well," the old man grinned.
Tarisai's mouth hung open as she looked at her friend.
"Is this really happening?" She whispered into Rudo's ear.
Rudo looked at her friends as confused as she was she couldn't even believe it.

———

"So will I be allowed to visit you?" Tarisai said.
"Of course who else will visit me if not you," Rudo said.
"An attendant will come get their things," Munya said to Samson.
By then it was nightfall. The old man had proven difficult as Munya had suspected.
News had already gotten around that their king was marrying Samson's daughter.

With such news everyone was excited for they knew Rudo well and couldn't have asked for a better queen. As they drove through the village once more she was surprised to see the village alive with lit lanterns and people shouting with joy as they waved at them.

"Are you alright?" He asked caressing her hand.
"How could you spring this up on me? It's only my love for you that stopped me from embarrassing you back there. Not including the fear of what my father would do," she said snatching her hand out of his.

Nodding his head they drove up to an open field as  she spotted the helicopter. Boarding the aircraft she remained quiet deep in thought  and didn't even see the building they flew to until they had landed.