10

Guess what day it is today😁😁😁😁
It's a Monday yes but it's also my....

"Please get up..." She paused searching for the proper title to use not wanting to anger him. "Munya," she mumbled. Everyone stood anticipating his next move. Seeing the smile that graced his lips as he slowly stood up she let out a sigh.
"Good. And you will use that name only," he murmured as everyone visibly relaxed.

"Come on lets get you inside," he spoke gently for the boys benefit as he stood beside his sister looking at him strangely. He admired the boy who had a protective hold on his sister even though she thought she was the one protecting him.

Walking back up the driveway towards the palace she stopped in her tracks as she realized he was taking them towards the palace.
"Where are you taking us?" She asked voicing out her thoughts.
"Home of course," he said with a confused expression.
"No, no the staff quarters are very much accommodating for us," she said out of respect.
"You are not a member of my staff hence you will stay in the palace. Your rooms have already been prepared."

"No we cannot stay in the palace."
"You are my friends. Therefore I must insist," he said through clenched teeth.
"Only for one night. But tomorrow we must leave and find our own place."
"So be it," he huffed guiding them towards the palace too tired to pick a fight with her, especially in front of the guards and servants.

"Whilst your brother freshens up we need to talk," he said as Gareth took charge of the boy.
Pulling her into his office they sat on the sofa as he watched her fidget with her skirt.
"Why didn't you tell me you were pregnant?" He asked as she stopped her actions looking at him wide eyed. Remaining silent he cleared his throat. "If the father is refusing to be in the child's life then too bad for him. He is definitely missing out on something beautiful," he said seeing the pained expression on her face. "I will help you Rudo if only you will allow me," he whispered.

When she did not respond he turned her face up towards him only to find her cheeks wet as she continued to silently cry. It was like she hadn't even heard anything he had said.
"Rudo," he called out to her but she showed no response to her name.
Pulling her onto his lap her fingers curled around his shirt as she gripped onto him for dear life.
"Talk to me Ru," he whispered into her ear as she shivered.
Getting up with her in his arms he walked towards the adjoining door that led into his room.

Laying her on the bed her hold on his shirt did not slack one bit resulting in him laying beside her. She kept mumbling the same words which had him worried.

"Please don't do this," she repeated with more tears flowing down her eyes.
It was only after she fell asleep did he slip out of bed taking the sofa for the night. It was already late for him to even bother about food. Besides he had no appetite too worried about the woman slowly taking over his life.

------

Rudo's - flashback

Returning from the market she started preparing their evening meal. Soon Panashe would return from school. Her older brother would most likely arrive later in the evening drunk as usual.
What she didn't expect was for her father to bring over guests. There already wasn't enough food in the house to feed other mouths.
Forced to give up her plate she hid food for Nash so he could at least eat something.

Their drunk laughter filled the night as they continued to drink some more having finished their meal. Retiring to her room she never expected to wake up later in the night to meet dark eyes looking at her with pure lust.
"So lovely," he said as he ran his hand up her leg. "So soft," he slurred.