20

Turning on her heels she ran the opposite direction. Not even hearing as Munya called after her. It hadn't truly sunk what being by his side truly meant as she realized why his staff had started to bow before her. Even without the title they had already accepted her. But how when she didn't even know how she felt about the man. There he had gone and openly declared his love for her before his state leaders. Men who held a certain amount of power. Each wealthy at their own accord. Men she never dreamed to meet in her life for she was simply a woman. The daughter of a lowly advisor in small village matters. A girl broken and hurt to the core. But yet she had a kings love. A man who could be ruthless, a man willing to kill with his bare hands for her. A powerful man by all means.

Running towards the stables she came to a halt in front of the doors catching her breath. The moment he reached her she turned into his arms as she cried.
"Why me?" She mumbled as he held her close.
Pushing away from him he looked hurt as she took a step back away from him.
"Love," he said in a gruff voice taking a step towards her.
"Please my king, just stay there," she whispered seeing him hurt some more.
"Rudo," he gasped as she shook her head no.
"I am not worthy to be yours. Let alone become a royal. I am just not befitting of such," she said shaking her head no.
Quickly moving he pulled her into his arms claiming her lips with his as he shut her up before she spoke more nonsense.

The guards who had followed him and those who had stood guard by the stables turned away to give them privacy but remaining alert all the while.
Standing on her toes she wound her arms around his neck as he deepened the kiss moaning at the pleasure of her hands on him once more. Begging her to let him in he pulled her closer as she parted her lips for him. Their tongues colliding as he discovered just how needy she could be if need be. Biting on his lower lip he moaned pulling away to look into her eyes as he cupped her cheeks.
"I love you Rudo. With every inch of my being. I will give you your hearts desires. People will worship at your very feet if you so wish. I will give you the world love. Just give me, give us a chance and let me open your eyes to my world. A world full of promise and so much more," he whispered for her ears alone. "My people, your people already love you, I don't give a damn what other people say or think. They are outsiders; they are not family. I know any of these men will die for you love he said pointing out the guards who turned to look at her showing her that what he said was indeed true. Your are my heart, thus the heart of the country," he whispered bringing her hand to his chest over his rapidly beating heart.

Peeking over his shoulder she found the heads of state all looking at them huddled in a group.
Matthias was the first to speak.
"Forgive us your highness. We did not mean to upset any of you, we are simply protecting the crown and country," he said as Munya's posture changed to that of the King he was. Standing tall and commanding a single head nod gave the go ahead for Jacobi to speak.
"It is clear you two love each other," he began shifting on his feet.
Looking at the men she gasped seeing a familiar face. A face she never wanted to see. Munya felt her change and looking at her saw the look of fear she wore.
Raising his hand as Jacobi was about to speak he silenced the old man. Leaning down he whispered into her ear asking her if she was alright.
Getting not response from her he turned to the leaders.
"You may go. We shall speak later," he said dismissing them. Signaling over the stable manager he gave an instruction before the man rushed off to do as told.
"Love," he whispered looking at her before a helmet was handing to him.

Securing it over her head he watched as his prized dark brown Arabian horse was brought to him. Stepping away from the beast as the stallion neighed stepping back. Grabbing and apple from the basket he handed the fruit to her taking her hand he told her what to do to gain the animals trust as the large horse moved forward to eat the apple. Touching his nose she smiled when the beast didn't move away from her.
"What is his name?" She asked as she touched him mane.
"Whisper," he smiled lifting her onto the horse.
Swinging himself onto the horse behind her he pulled her close as he held onto the reigns.
Leaving the stables she couldn't help smile as she felt the wind against her face as he increased their pace.