The One with the Triwizard Tournament.

The sight of the Great Hall really was a welcome one. Compared to the cold outside, it was warm and inviting and the chatter from the other students made me feel right at home.

"What're you smiling about?" George said quietly through a mouthful of pudding, looking down at me.

"Nothing," I grinned, "Just glad to be back."

"Speak for yourself," Ron said from across the bench, Harry and Hermione on either side of him, "The only things I'm looking forward to is Quidditch."

"Oh come on, Ron," Hermione mumbled, "Things are just about to get interesting. We're moving onto more advanced spells."

"Oh here we go."

Our laughter faded as Dumbledore stood up from his seat which made everyone else in the hall go quiet, "Now that we're all well fed, I must ask for your attention for the final few notices. Mr Filch, our caretaker has asked me to inform you that the list of objects forbidden in the castle this year has been extended to include Screaming Yo-yo's, Fanged Frisbees and Ever-Bashing Boomerangs. If anyone wishes to view the full list, four hundred and thirty seven items I believe, it can be found in Mr Filch's office." his mouth twitched as he glanced pointedly at Fred and George, who both sunk down in their seats, "As ever, I would like to remind you that the Forest is out of bounds to all students and the village of Hogsmeade to all below third year."

I smacked Fred's hand away when he tried to flick my ear, "Stop! I'm trying to listen."

"It is also my painful duty to inform you that the inter-house Quidditch Cup will not take place this year." Dumbledore continued and I winced at the shouts of protests that came from a good portion of the student body.

"This is because an even will be starting in October and continuing throughout the school year. I am sure all thoroughly enjoy it. I have the great pleasure that this year, Hogwarts-"

At that moment, there was a spectacular rumble of thunder from outside and the doors to the Great Hall were thrown open, making heads turn.

There was a man standing with long straggly hair and he started walking up to the teacher's table.

Eyes followed as he clunked his way up the space between the Gryffindor and Ravenclaw tables, outstretching his hand when he reached Dumbledore.

There was a hushed conversation between him and the stranger then Dumbledore gestured to a seat at the head table.

He moved to take a seat and from the light from one of the candles, I could see that the man's face was badly scarred.

"Woah," Ron whispered.

"May I introduce to you, our new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher," Dumbledore said quietly, "Professor Moody!"

While he and Hagrid gave him a round of applause, the rest of the hall stayed silent. We were too intrigued by the man's appearance.

Dumbledore cleared his throat again, "As I was saying. We are to have the honour of hosting a very exciting event over the coming months, an event which has not been held for over a century. It is my pleasure to announce that the Triwizard Tournament will be taking place at Hogwarts this year."

"You're joking!" Fred said loudly and the silence that had fallen over the hall disappeared and laughter took it's place.

"I am not joking, Mr Weasley." the headmaster chuckled, "The Triwizard tournament. Some of you will not know what this involves so I hope that those who do, will forgive me for giving a short explanation."

Dumbledore's voice faded away to a soft murmur as I stared at the table in front of me. I already knew what the Triwizard Tournament was and on their own accord, I felt my eyes slipping shut.

Suddenly, I was outside and there was a flying horse drawn carriage coming into land. There was also a large sailing ship came out from the black lake. Then I was in the Great Hall again, where in the centre of the room, there was a large goblet like object and it had blue flames coming from it. The Goblet of Fire.

"Amy!" my eyes shot open as George nudged me.

"What? What did I miss?"

"Just the boring explanation of what the tournament entails," Fred said, waving a dismissive hand, "What's going on with you? You were miles away."

I gave him a smile, "Daydreaming."

He grinned and clapped his hands together, "You up for it, Georgie?"

"Definitely." he replied enthusiastically.

"Really?" Hermione asked, "But what about the deaths?"

"Deaths?" that piqued my curiosity and I turned to George, "People have died? You can't enter something that could kill you!"

"Don't worry, Silver." Fred said gently, "We'll be fine."

"We?" I gaped, "You're both going to enter?"

"Well yeah! Eternal glory for whoever wins. Doesn't sound too bad that. Besides, with the two of us entering, it makes the odds of it having a Weasley contestant just that little bit better."

Dumbledore cleared his throat and it was then that we realised that the hall had pretty much fallen silent and had heard our little arguement.

"Sorry."

"Now while I am thrilled at your eagerness, I regret to inform you that the Heads of the participating schools, along with the Ministry of Magic, have agreed to impose an age restriction of seventeen or older, will be allowed to put their names forward."

At this information, there were a few people who let out cries of protest, the twins being heard above all, shouting out a 'That's rubbish!' while I myself, was somewhat relieved. At least I wouldn't have to worry about the two of them getting themselves killed.

Fred shook his head in disgust and looked around me to George, "That's not going to stop us, is it?"

"The students of Durmstrang and Beauxbatons will arrive in October and will be staying with us for the remainder of the year. I'm sure you will all extend every courtesy to our visitors. Now, off to bed. Lessons tomorrow."

Fred was still muttering to himself as we made our way out of the hall and made our way up to the Gryffindor common room.

"Fred, c'mon. They're obviously enforcing the rule for a reason," I murmured, gripping George's jumper when he stopped due to the staircase deciding to move.

"But we're seventeen in April! We should have a shot at it!" he protested.

"Password?" the Fat Lady said when we finally made it t the portrait that concealed the common room.

"Balderdash," George muttered, looking down at me, "A prefect downstairs told me."

Inside the common room, there was a warm fire crackling away, casting a warm glow on the comfortable couches and chairs.

"Well boys," I said loudly, jumping onto the couch next to George, "I wonder what this year will bring for us."

"I sense nothing but mischief and mayhem."