The One With the First DA Meeting.

this chapter is really short but hey, its a chapter right? i'll update again tomorrow since i now have my laptop back

The run up to Gryffindor's first match against SLytherin was anything but smooth sailing.

Somehow, Umbridge had found out about the meeting in the Hogs Head and immediately banned all social events, including Quidditch and to reform, Angelina was to go and ask her for permission , which she didn't. Instead, she went to McGonagall who went to Dumbledore so really, Umbridge had to agree.

Fred and George's snackboxes were selling well thanks to them working out a way to demonstrate their products in a way that even Hermione couldn't stop. That was on themselves. Their advanced orders were stacking up.

In just one night, they managed to rake up twenty-six Galleons and they didn't waste any time in rubbing the fact in Ron's face.

And, Harry and the others had found a place big enough for everyone to meet up and practice defending ourselves.

The place, it was in the castle and was known as the Come and Go Room or The Room of Requirement and we were making our way there now.

"This all looks familiar," George said quietly as we came to the room's door, "Though as I recall, it was a broom cupboard."

The door creaked open, revealing Harry, Ron and Hermione along with a few others.

"Well it's apparently not a broom cupboard now," I said, giving the trio a smile as they came to greet us.

"Wow," I mumbled, looking around the vast room, "This is amazing. How'd you find it?"

Bookcases lined the walls, cushions covered the floor and on the very far side, there was shelves filled with everything we were going to need.

"Oh, Amy," Hermione gushed, "You have to come and look at these books!"

Rolling my eyes with a smile on my face, I gave George a smile and followed Hermione to where she was stood in front of one of the bookcases.

Slowly, the rest of the group started to trickle in until Hermione had checked off everyone on her list.

Obviously, Harry had was elected the leader of the group but what we were going to be calling ourselves, that took a wee bit longer for everyone to agree on.

"Anti-Umbridge League!" Angelina cried.

"The Ministry of Magic are Morons?" Fred suggested and I stuck my hand up.

"Seconded!"

"No," Hermione said immediately, "Has no one got any serious suggestions?"

"The Defence Association?" someone piped up from the back and there was a murmur of agreement from everyone else.

"But change it to Dumbledore's Army." Ginny said, "The Ministry's worst nightmare, right?"

With another quick vote, it was decided and finally, we could begin.

**

To start us all off, Harry had us all working on the disarming charm and although it was one of the more simple spells, it soon became clear that many of the group needed some desperate help.

By that, I meant Angelina and me.

Well, we weren't particularly bad but I may have managed to hit her on the forehead when I accidentally let go of my wand.

"Stop," I heard Harry say faintly from somewhere behind me but with the noise level that was in the room, clearly, no one else was hearing the poor boy and somehow, my wand was leaving my hand despite Angelina not saying anything.

Hearing sniggering coming from behind me, I turned to see Fred and George pointing their wands at me.

"I will hex you," I muttered, snatching my wand back up off the floor.

"Sorry," George grinned, "We're bored."

"Then practice!"

I winced when the shrill sound of a whistle made it's way around the whole room and I turned to see that it was Harry holding it.

"That wasn't bad," he said, "But there is definitely room for improvement. Let's try again, yeah?"

It took a little but of time, but surely, the performance of the group did improve; there wasn't a many wands flying around and somehow it was already past nine.

"We've overrun," Harry explained after blowing the whistle again, "So we'd better get back before we get caught. Same time and place next week?"

Everyone agreed and in groups of three and fours, Harry sent everyone back to their common rooms.

"That was amazing, Harry." I said once we were in the safety of Gryffindor Tower, giving him a bright smile, "You should be proud of how well you handled it."

"Thanks Amy." he said tiredly.

"Plus," I teased, "Cho couldn't keep her eyes off of you."

He flushed red and grabbed a cushion, slumping back down into the couch while I decided to make a start on my homework.