The One with the Battle of Hogwarts

i just wanna point out that there are some quotes from HPATDH in this chapter.

**

The Great Hall's ceiling with a murky grey and there was a scattering of stars when Angelina and I set foot over the threshold but it certainly wasn't the welcoming sight that we were used to.

There were students sat at each of the four House tables; some still in their pjs while others were dressed, ready for travelling.

Anna, Fred and George easily caught up with us, the latter taking my hand to lead me towards the Gryffindor table, where we found the spots that we used to sit in beside Lee and we sit down so we can listen to Professor McGonagall give out instructions.

"Prefects, I look to you to, when I give the word, take charge of your house and lead them to the evacuation point."

"It's strange, isn't it?" I ask, causing George to tear his eyes away from the teacher.

"What is?"

"Seeing someone else up there using his podium,"

"What if we want to stay and fight?" a Hufflepuff calls.

"If you are of age, you may stay."

"What about our things?" a Ravenclaw girl frets and I roll my eyes.

"I think we've got more pressing things to worry about, don't you?"

"We have placed protection around the castle," McGonagall goes on to say, "But, I must insist that we move quickly and do as your prefe-"

She's cut off by another voice. It's one that I don't recognise but it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up, it sends shivers down my spine and looking around the hall, it's clear that I'm not the only one that's affected by it.

*"I know that many of you will want to fight," the voice hisses, "Some of you may even think that to fight is wise. But this is a folly. Give me Harry Potter. Do this and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter, and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter, and you will be rewarded. You have one hour."*

The silence that followed the voice, it could only being to one person to warrant such an effect from everyone in the hall, was deafening and I didn't realise that I was gripping George's hand until he tapped mine with his free one.

Pansy Parkinson stands from the Slytherin table, pointing a shaking hand at Harry, who's standing behind us, "He's right there! Someone grab him!"

Slowly, students from the other three table got up and moved to stand around the boy, to protect him and basically telling Pansy and the rest of Slytherin house that if they wanted him, they'd have to go through all of us first.

"Thank you for that, Ms Parkinson," Professor McGonagall speaks again, "This would be a good time for you and the rest of your house to vacate the Hall."

While she helped the prefects coordinate the rest of the houses evacuate, Kingsley took her place at the podium where he started assigning tasks.

"-and finally, we need someone to organise the defence of the passageways with entrances to the school."

George pats Fred on the shoulder, "I reckon that's a job for us, Freddie."

I stand with them, placing my hand on his arm before he can follow Fred and although he's confused, she pauses.

"I'm going to stay here," I tell him, "I'll help with the evacuation - I won't be much help down there."

He takes hold of my hand and leads me to a somewhat quieter corner of the hall.