The One where the Truth is Revealed.

George gave me a reassuring hug before he sat down by one of the windows, "I'll be here when you come out."

I nodded and followed Dumbledore up the stairs to his office and I was surprised and shocked to see my parents already sat in there.

"Mum? Dad? What..." I looked over my shoulder at Dumbledore, "What are you doing here? What's going on?"

My parents glanced at each other, then back at me and I could see that my mum had been crying.

"Mum?" I whispered, crossing to comfort her, "Is...is gran okay?"

"She's fine," she choked, hand resting on mine, "She's fine, Sweetheart."

"Then what's going on?" I asked, "What are you doing here?"

"Sit down, Amy." Dumbledore said quietly, pulling a chair over for me, "Please."

I shook my head, "No. Not until someone tells me what's going on!"

"Amy, sit down!" my father demanded and having never heard him snap at me like that, I did what he said.

My mum took a deep breath and took my hand, "Listen to me. You know we love you, right?"

"Mum, you're scaring me."

"But we haven't been completely honest with you," she continued as if I hadn't spoken, "Dumbledore says you want to know how you've been having these visions."

My dad reached over to take my other hand, picking up where she couldn't continue, "Amy, you're...you're not our daughter. Biologically."

I felt a chill run through me. It felt as if suddenly, there were Dementors in the room with us as I stared at them in disbelief.

There was silence.

Then voices.

Apologies being spouted from both of them.

My ears were ringing, my breathing...I couldn't catch my breath. Not my parents? No. They were lying.

"Amy."

Dumbledore was speaking to me but I didn't look at him. I just kept staring at the two people in front of me.

"You're joking," I whispered, feeling a tear roll down my face as I shook my head, "You're just pulling my leg, right? I mean, h-how can you not be my parents?"

My dad, he tried to take my hand but I stood up, the chair tipping backwards as I did, "We...we couldn't conceive naturally."

"So we went through the adoption process," my mum said, "I'll never forget the day we met you. You were so beautiful."

I shook my head again, taking a step backwards, "I-I need to...I need some air."

"Amy!"

I ignored them as they called my name, quickly leaving the room.

George, who was working on some homework, looked up at the sound of my footsteps.

"Amy?" he asked, shoving things into his bag when he realised that I wasn't stopping, "Amy, what happened?"

I shook my head, making a beeline for the astronomy tower. I had to get some air otherwise I was going to pass out.

George was following me, I could hear him apologising to people when he bumped into them, "Amy, wait!"

Once I was in the safety of the tower, I finally let go, sliding down the wall as I sobbed into my knees.

This couldn't be real. No. It just couldn't be.