Prologue

^^UP TOP IS THE TRAILER^^

•Okay so welcome beautiful people. I just wanted to say thanks for giving my book a chance and I hope you stick around till the end. This is my first werewolf book. I've always wanted to make one but I just didn't want to go out of my comfort zone but I decided to give it a shot. And I hope you guys like it.

•Okay I'm going to be answering a few questions:

What is the name of the songs that you use in your chapters?
A: Each song is listed at the end of every chapter. If not let me know and I'll fix it.

Do you have a Spotify playlist?
A: No but I follow a playlist called Chill Zone on Spotify. (One of my readers created it)

How old is Brinn and Titus?
A: They are 7 years apart. So in the first few chapters Brinn is 16 turning 17 (her first shift) and Titus is 24. Lol idk how else to explain it but people keep getting confused fir some reason.

*DISCLAIMER*

If you are a hardcore feminist this might not be the book for you! Yes I am a woman and I do believe in women rights, but at the end of the day this is just a fictional book about mythological creatures! It's not that deep... It's honestly nothing too bad, but people always have to find something wrong so I just thought I'd throw it out there.

•And lastly, I do accept constructive criticism but if you're just being blatantly rude I will delete your comment. We should be building each other up not tearing each other down.

*COPYRIGHT*

Please do not steal my work. I have worked very hard on this and it would be very upsetting to see someone duplicate my book. Thank you and carry on.

The Claim ©2017 Felisidy901

All rights reserved.

The contents of this book may not be reproduced or used in any without the permission of the author, with the exception of brief quotations for a book review.

©2017 Felisidy901

*I am in the process of editing this book so please excuse the grammar mistakes!!*

***

Seven years ago...August 5

Titus POV

I placed my hand on my chest to steady my breathing. The moment my father and I stepped foot on Alpha Richard's land my wolf was going crazy. I didn't know what it was but it was weird. It was as if I was having an anxiety attack. My wolf was on full alert.

My father was visiting to form an alliance with Alpha Richard. I was forced to tag along since I would be taking over the alpha position in the next couple of years. I was upset when my father refused to give it to me on my eighteenth birthday. Most alphas take over the position when they turn eighteen. My father didn't think I was ready for the responsibility that comes along with being an alpha. I think it's bullsh*t.

I've worked my a*s off since I was fifteen to prepare for this and his refusal really pissed me and my wolf off. I wasn't power hungry, no. But when you've wasted your teenage years training and breaking every bone in your body. Then you'll understand why I was upset.

As we pulled in front of a pack house, a small girl ran by our car. She had shoulder length blonde hair and striking grey eyes. My wolf perked up in the back of my mind at the sight of her, intrigued.

A small boy with similar features ran after her. I exited the car and joined my father. He was talking with Alpha Richard and Luna Jill. I bowed my head in respect. "Alpha Richard." I stated.

"This is my son Titus." My dad rested his hand on my shoulder. I extend my hand and shook the Luna's and Alpha's hand.

The girl ran by us giggling loudly. Before she could get any further her dad grabbed her by her waist, causing her to squirm in his grip. "Daddy! Owen is going to catch me."

"It's time to stop playing. We have guest." He ordered in a voice that showed, this was not up for discussion.

At the realization that there were others around, she hid behind her father. "This is my pup Brinn." He stated proudly.

My father crouched and extended his hand to her. "Nice to meet you Brinn. I'm Alpha Zander." She took his hand cautiously.

"This is my son Titus." My dad said as he straightened.

I pulled my hands out of my pocket and extended it towards her. When my hand engulfed her tiny one, the electric pull that I was feeling intensified beyond belief. I pulled away immediately.

MATE! My wolf growled in my head. Brinn backed away slowly and buried her face in her father's leg. She was scared, I didn't blame her.

No that can't be! She is just a little girl!

It's no secret that a wolf with alpha blood can sense their mate before their mate's first shift. But this, was ridiculous. Why would the moon goddess pair me with a ten-year-old?!

They all looked at me with worried expressions. "Are you okay?" My father asked.

"Uh yeah." I ran my hand through my dark brown hair.

This might be a problem.

The little boy that I assumed was Owen came up behind Brinn and poked her in her right arm. "Tag your it." He said with a toothy smile.

She balled her hands into fist and groaned. "That's not fair!" She shouted.

"Calm down sweetheart." Her mother's soothing voice filled the air.

Alpha Richard chuckled. "This is my youngest pup Owen." My father and I shook Owen's tiny hands.

Brinn crossed her arms over her chest and sat crossed legged on the ground. Occasionally letting out pouts and growls toward her brother. "Brinn get up. You're going to ruin your dress." Her mother pleaded. She kept her eyes focused on empty space in front of her, They all chuckled at her stubbornness.

I would have to pull my father aside eventually and tell him the news. He'd probably laugh in my face or call me delusional. But this was far from a mistake. The moon goddess doesn't make mistakes.

Although it is strange to have a mate as young as she was I knew from that moment on, I would protect her no matter what. She was mine and I wouldn't let anything or anyone come in between that.

***

Don't forget to comment, vote, and share! 💙