33. The Truth Always Comes Out

*I typically try to keep it in one person's POV for each chapter but this one required the switch. Hope you guys don't mind. *

Titus POV

I stared up at the ceiling, waiting...

I waited for what felt like forever, but when I finally heard soft snores coming from beside me I sighed in relief. Brinn snuggled closer to me by instinct. I ran my hand over her cheek, the side where her sad excuse of a father hit her.

As time went on, the more anger I began to feel. When Brinn begged me not to harm her father I contemplated, but stayed quiet. Why make a promise I knew I wasn't going to keep?

I eased her head off of my chest and onto the pillow, causing her to stir but not quite wake. I sat up and threw my legs over the bed and onto the cold hard wood. Standing, I tugged my pants on and clasped onto the knife laying in my pocket.

I flinched as I pulled the creaking door open. I glanced over my shoulder to find Brinn laid on her back with her right hand placed over her stomach and her left above her head. I sighed in relief then headed across the hall. The door was left wide open, easy access for anyone to enter.

Big mistake...

I slowly crept into the bedroom, keeping my movements stealthy as possible. Richard's loud snores and my increased heartbeat caused my nervousness to resurface. I pulled out the knife once I stood over him. With shaky hands I placed the knife against his neck.

One swipe and this could all be over.

I pushed myself to do it, but the more I thought about it the more Brinn popped into my head. I was having an internal battle with myself. The consequences might overrule the good. My hands continued to shake uncontrollably. If I I was going to do this I needed to do it now.

"Have I taught you nothing?" I jumped, causing the knife to fall onto the floor with a loud thud. I stared wide eyed at my father. He crossed his arms over his chest as he walked further into the room. "If you're going to kill him, don't do it the cowardly way."

I stared down at Richard's unmoving body and furrowed my brows. "Challenge him to the death." My father's eyes turned hard.

I nodded, "You're right." I grabbed the knife then stared at Richard with a look of annoyance. I shook my head then turned, placing the knife into my pocket. Tomorrow's a new day. He would get what he deserves.

***

Brinn POV

Titus was quiet the next morning after we woke. I just assumed he had a lot on his mind, but I couldn't be sure. It was awkward, and the longer the time went on the more uncomfortable I began to feel.

I sat at my vanity combining through my hair, while Titus changed into his clothes behind me. I felt his eyes on me before I stared at him through the mirror. I dropped my head to my stomach and smiled. I wore a navy blue V-neck sweater that covered my small bump, and some black skinny jeans. Our pup was growing faster than I expected, but then again I knew very little about pregnancies. To everyone else...I was still a pup myself.

I piled my hair into a messy bun on top of my head then slid on my brown Uggs. Titus was seated on the edge of my bed staring down at his phone when I stood. I slowly walked towards him then came to a stop once the tips of our shoes touched.

He slowly raised his head until his eyes met mine, then quickly diverted his eyes to my belly and smiled.

I crossed my arms over my chest and narrowed my eyes at him. I thought maybe I was overthinking things at first, but now I knew. He was having a hard time looking me on the eye and I couldn't figure out why.