5. Second Home

I was jolted awake as my head met the right side of the door. I sat up then brought my hand to my head in pain. "Ow!" Titus and Ryan began laughing hysterically.

"That's not funny. You almost gave me a concussion."

"Sorry, we're on a bumpy road." Titus explained with a smirk. I rolled my eyes then rested my head on the back of the seat. "How much longer?" I slept majority of the trip, but between the constant pit stops I was growing irritable.

"About five more hours." Ryan said after he checked his phone.

A groan escapes my mouth. "Titus I'm bored!" I whined.

"Read a book." He suggested.

I rolled my eyes then crossed my arms over my chest. I stared out of the window for a good five minutes until I noticed the sound of trumpets blaring throughout the car. "What kind of sorcery....?"

I look down and see my phone laying on the floor. Disconnected from the aux cord. Following the trail of the cord, I scowled when I found it to be connected to no other than Titus's phone. "Hey!"

"What?" Titus asked casually.

"What happened to listening to MY music?"

Ryan scoffed, "You fell asleep."

True... But still!

I grabbed my beats headphones and started up my playlist again. We made another stop at a gas station to use the restroom and get gas. We were back on the road for another hour, leaving us with about four hours to go.

I removed my headphones and leaned in between Titus and Ryan. "So Ryan..."

He turned and stared down at me suspiciously. "Yes?"

"How's my friend Alex?" His face lit up at the sound of his mate's name. "She's good. Ellie's a piece of work."

Ryan and Alex have a four-year-old named Elianna. She's was one of the cutest things I've ever seen. "Aw, I'm sure you two are great parents."

He smiled. "Thanks Brinn. You'll be a great parent one day too." I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

The thought of being a mom freaked me out. I mean there's an actual baby growing inside you. And don't get me started on birth. Oh goddess those poor she-wolfs. "Please, I'm not having pups...ever."

The car came to an abrupt halt. Before I could go flying forward, Titus placed a protective arm in front of me. The car behind us honked then swerve into the next lane. "Titus what the fuck!"

"Watch your language Brinn!" He snapped.

I sunk back into my seat and stayed silent. I didn't like it when Titus was angry at me. It rarely happened, but when it did it was scary. Ryan eyed him through the corner of his eyes as they spoke through their mindlink.

I placed my headphones back on my head as we drove off.

***

I didn't realize I had fallen asleep until I was woken up by bright lights shining in my face. I rubbed my face then sat up. I looked around and realized that it was dark outside. I stretched out my arms then glanced outside. We were definitely in Titus's pack.

I stepped out of the car then shook out my legs. Looking around, I noticed no one was around.

These assholes left me here by myself.

I jumped at the sound of footsteps on the gravel. I instantly got in a defensive stance. I had no fighting skill whatsoever, but I had no problem socking someone in the eye then taking off down the road.  "Who's there?"