15. Leaving So Soon?

I woke up to an empty bed the next morning. The warmth of the bed let me know he hadn't left too long ago. Stretching out my arms and legs, I walked towards the bathroom.

I decided to mind link him when I entered the bathroom. Where are you?

No response.

I sighed then proceeded with my morning routine. When I was done washing my face and brushing my teeth, I took the time to straighten my hair. I changed into a pair of ripped black skinny jeans and a cream sweater. I slid my feet into my white vans and left the house in search for Titus.

After closing the front door, I began my walk to the pack house. I pulled my phone out of my pocket as it began vibrating.

Carter:

How are you holding up?

Me:
Never been better.

Carter:
Love the sarcasm.

Me:
Where would I be without it?

Carter:
How's the mate treating ya?

I wasn't going to bring up the fact that Carter knew Titus was my mate before I did. I didn't feel like reopening old wounds. I wanted things to get back to normal, and bringing up that topic was not going to help.

Me:
Fine.

Carter:
Great.

Me:
Cool

Carter:
Talk to you later?

Me:
Maybe.

Carter:
Ok well bye.

Me:
Bye.

Carter:
Stop with the one word responses!

Me:
Ok.

Carter:
Ugh!

I shoved my phone back into my pocket and started laughing. Carter hated when I gave him one word responses. It made him feel "unimportant," his words not mine. I did it all the time just to get under his skin. 

Looking up, I realized I was in front of the pack house's door.

Well that was fast.

I opened the door and welcomed the heated air. I spotted Lilly and walked towards her. She smiled when I approached her. "Luna." She said with a bow.

"Um hi Lily. Sorry to bother you, but do you know where I can find Titus?" I asked.

"Alpha is in a meeting right now, preparing for his departure."

I furrowed my brows. "Departure?"

She nodded. "Yes. He's leaving for another pack in a few minutes."

"What?" Her eyes went wide. "He didn't tell you? He'll be gone for a week or so." She says matter-of-factly.

What the f*ck? I'm going to kill him! 

"Okay. Thanks for telling me." I put on a fake smile.

"Sure, no problem." She offered me one last smile before she went on her way.

I started walking towards Titus's office. I stopped at the end of the hall when I saw his door was slightly open.

Titus's voice boomed through the hall. "You are to take my place while I am gone." I inched closer to the doorway. Peeking inside, I saw the room was filled with some of the warriors and Ryan.