10. When Reality Hits

"You know I can't cook." I stated as his lips formed into a smile. "Right. I'll just have someone bring over some food." He pulled out his phone then dialed a number.

I walked over to the kitchen counter, propped myself on it then placed my hands in my lap. Titus hung up his phone then placed it in his pocket once he finished the call. "Someone will be here shortly." He said as he walked towards me.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion once he was standing directly in front of me. "Hey, what did you do with my Nutella?" I asked. 

He scoffed. "You're obsessed."

"No I'm not." I said, defending myself.

 He tilted his head. "Okay maybe a little bit." I finally admitted. "Understatement of the year." He mumbled. Slapping his arm playfully, we both burst into a fit of laughter.

This was what I was used to. Him being that brotherly figure that I had known for years. I would eventually have to come to terms with us being mates. But for right now, I was content.

The doorbell snapped me out of my thoughts. "Wow that was fast." I said before he left the kitchen to answer the door.

A few moments later Lily walked into the kitchen holding our breakfast. She smiled when her eyes met mine. "Luna." She bowed then placed the tray of food on the counter next to me. "Too soon." I muttered, not ready to accept the reality just quite yet. 

She chuckled. "Okay. Brinn."

"Better." I said as I nodded

Titus cleared his throat. "Thank you Lily." He kept his intense gaze glued to her eyes.

"Of course alpha." She bowed then left the kitchen.

Titus held out his hand. After taking it, I hopped off the counter. I sat down in one of the chairs around the table before Titus brought the food to the table and sat across from me.

Once we were situated we started eating. "You should call your parents."

I shrugged my shoulders. "I will." He nodded then continued eating.

"We need to have a ceremony to initiate you as my mate and the pack's Luna."

I dropped my fork onto my plate. "Titus look, I haven't even accepted you as my mate. I don't even want to be a Luna. I just turned seventeen yesterday! This is all just too much." I said quickly as I began to feel overwhelmed all over again. 

A low growl escaped Titus's lips as he glared at me. "I have tried to be patient with you Brinn. I waited seven long years! I'm done being nice! The pack needs their Luna and I need my mate! So stop being a spoiled brat and accept your fate!" My eyes went wide with shock.

He angrily stood and left the house, Leaving me alone.

What the h*ll just happened?

***

I sat in the driveway of Titus's house. I felt like a kid sitting crossed legged on the ground with my hands in my lap. But then I thought 'I am a kid.'

And that was the source of all my problems.

I won't lie, my maturity level wasn't quite there yet, but I was working on it. I mean what more did they expect from me?  I didn't want to make excuses, but I quickly realized that's all I've been doing lately. I knew I needed to grow up, and fast. 

Titus's house was deep in the forest, so when I saw Ellianna running around by herself I was concerned. "Ellie!" She stopped what she was doing and raced towards me.

"Yes Luna?" I had to stifle my laughter. For the longest time, Ellie couldn't pronounce my name. It would always be 'Bwinn.' So the fact that she could pronounce 'Luna' was hilarious to me.

"What are you doing all the way out here by yourself." A mischievous grin appeared on her face. "I'm just playing." I shook my head. "Come on, your mommy is probably looking for you." I took her tiny hand in mine and began walking towards the pack house.

On our way to the pack house Ellie talked to me about how excited she was for school.

If only she knew..

I'd say the first five years of school were okay, but once you hit middle school, you start to get fed up.

I let out a deep sigh as the heat from the pack house hit my face. I closed the door then we took off our coats and hung them on the coat rack. I walked into the kitchen with Ellie following closely behind me. Alex and two other she-wolfs were preparing food when we walked in. One looked to be in her mid-fifties and the other looked around their mid-thirties.

Alex turned around and put her hands on her hips as her eyes landed on her pup. "Where have you been?" Ellie started snickering. Ellie had feature from both of her parents. She had Alex's pitch black hair and Ryan's forest green eyes.

"I was with Luna." Ellie said. 

 Alex smiled at me. "Thank you for looking after her Brinn." I was grateful Alex called me by my name. It would just feel weird having your friend call you 'Luna.'

I shrugged. "No problem."

Ellie sat at a small breakfast table in the kitchen and started coloring pictures. "Do you need any help? I'm not much of a cook but I could try."

Her face lit up. "Oh yes, could you cut the vegetables?" She pointed to the counter filled with vegetables, a cutting board, and a knife. "Sure." I walked over to the counter and got to work.

We all sparked up a conversation immediately. The lady who was in her fifties, name was Ruth. She's been working in the kitchen for a long time and from what I could tell is a really sweet she-wolf. The other lady's name was Penny. She was more to herself and didn't like being bothered, which was fine with me.

After I was done cutting the vegetables, there was nothing else for me to do, So Ellie and I decided to play hide and go seek. Who knew I'd be this good with kids?

I was in the living room searching for the Ellie when I heard a giggling. "Oh, I wonder where she could be." I kneeled on the ground then placed my cheek on the floor. 

When I saw her little feet underneath the couch, I pulled her out, causing her to squeal. "Found ya!" I started tickling her before burst of giggles escaped her mouth.

"And you say you don't like kids." We both whipped our heads towards the doorway. Standing before us was Alex with a huge smile on her face.

I shrugged. "Ellie is a special case." Alex scoffed. "Yeah right."

I turned my attention back to Ellie. "Alright Ellie, off you go."

Ellie hugged her mom. "Don't go too far." Ellie nodded then took off down the hall.

"What can I say, the kids love me." Alex rolled her eyes.

She stared at me expectantly. I knew she was asking me if I was planning on having pups with Titus, without even asking it. But I couldn't give her an answer right now. Everything was just too complicated.

She made her way to the ground and sat next to me. "How are you?" I shrugged. "I'm good."

She nodded. "Brinn I wanted to tell-" I held my hand up. "Alex its fine. I know you would have if you could. I get it." A small smile formed on her lips.

Her face changed to a serious one. "You and Titus are going to have to talk soon. You're a Luna now thing are going to change."

I groan and run my hand over my face. "Don't remind me."

***

Don't forget to comment, vote, and share! 💙

Song:
Waste a moment~Kings of Leon