37. Priorities

I watched Titus from the corner of my eye, studying his reaction. When his eyes lit up with excitement a smile formed onto my face. I knew Titus didn't care what gender the pup was, but some alpha's did. Having a male as their first born was a serious thing for them. A female first born was frowned upon in some packs. Luckily my parents weren't like that, and neither were we. Our pup was going to grow up loved.

"Fúck yeah! There's going to be a mini me running around!" I said excitedly.

"Language." Titus scolded.

I rolled my eyes. "Sorry."

Taylor grabbed a towel and removed the gel from my stomach then moved to the other side of the room to write things down on her notepad.

Pulling my shirt down, I sat up then crossed my legs. Titus's eyes stayed glued to my stomach the entire time. "Okay so now the hard part." Taylor announced as she pulled out the needle.

Groaning, I buried my head in my hands.

***

I glared up at Titus as we walked towards the pack house. He pretended he didn't notice my intense glare but I caught him a few times sneaking glances. He sighed then brought my hand to his lips. "It had to be done."

I scoffed. "Two times!! She stuck me two times!" I exclaimed.

He rolled his eyes. "You were being difficult the first time." I rubbed my arm, soothing the sore areas of my arm where Taylor stuck me. "You big baby."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Whatever. That crap hurt."

We walked up the steps of the pack house. My stomach growled as the smell of breakfast filled my nose. We stopped in front of the dining hall when Titus released my hand. "I'll join you in a few. I have to go check on something." I nodded. He placed a kiss on my cheek then left.

Breakfast was held half an hour ago so much of the pack had already left. Alex waved me over to the seat next her. I smiled then walked towards my friend.

"Hey." I said as I sat down. She pulled me into a hug. "I've been so worried about you." She whispered into my hair.

"I'm fine Alex." I said as I pulled away.

"And the pup?" I placed my hand over my stomach. "Fine."

Alex's eyes lit up as she squealed. "I'm so excited for you!" I grabbed her hand as I shushed her.

One of the pack members that worked in the kitchen handed me a plate of food. I thanked her then began eating. "So...I have a confession."Alex started.

I arched a brow at her, telling her to continue. "Ryan and I are expecting our second pup." I smiled. "Congrats Alex. When did you find out?"

"A couple of weeks ago."  She said through a mouthful. "Aww, why didn't you tell me?" She crossed her arms over her chest. "Same reason you didn't tell me." A blush made it's way onto my face.

I felt horrible for not telling my best friend, but so much was going on and the timing just wasn't right. "Touché."

I snapped my head towards the door as I heard it open. My face went pale as I spotted Maci. Her shoulder length hair formed her face in loose curls. Hey light green eyes lit up as she unexpectedly shot me a smile.

"No one's mad at you Brinn." Alex whispered into my ear.

I sighed as I met her eyes. "I know, but I just feel horrible about the whole situation." Before Alex could continue, Maci joined us at the table. She sat to the left of me then smiled. "Hi Brinn! Long time no see!" She said in her usual cheerful voice.