44. New Reality

I stared down at my baby girl lovingly. As Titus draped his arm over my shoulder, a knowing smile appeared. I felt his wolf puff up with pride and joy as he kept his eyes glued to our pup.

I was in labor for 13 hours. Yeah 13. I didn't have our baby girl until the evening. Although I loved my pup, I knew I would never be going through that again. Three days later and my body was still a little sore. I went ahead and let Titus name our pup and he went with the name Nara. I thought is suited her nicely. She had Titus's dark brown hair and his hazel eyes. She was a complete replica of her father.

Her eyes began to slowly open as I quietly breastfed her.

"My girls." Titus said adoringly.

My thoughts quickly shifted to Kohl. "How was Kohl's first day of school?" I felt horrible that I couldn't see Kohl off to his first day of school. He had been staying with Zander and Rachel while we were in the hospital. But Titus left this morning to take him to his first day.

"He froze up at first, but it didn't take him long to settle in."

"That's great." I finished breastfeeding Nara then stared at Titus. "That's all you big daddy." I said as I handed Nara to him. He grabbed a white cloth then began patting her back gently.

"I want to see my boy." I said as I settled into the hospital bed. "I'll have my mother bring him after he eats dinner." I nodded then grabbed my phone. I sent my dad and brother a quick text. I had been keeping them updated since I had Nara.

Snapping a quick picture of Titus and Nara, I sent it to the family group chat we shared.

"That was a good one." Titus said as a big burp escaped our pup's mouth. I placed my phone down then watched as Titus sat down and tried to rock Nara to sleep.

"Did you bring the stuff?" I asked Titus, my tone going serious.

"This isn't a drug deal Brinn." He rolled his eyes. "It's in the bag." He nodded in the direction of the bag.

I got out of bed and walked towards the overnight bag Titus had brought with him. I pulled out the jar of Nutella and a spoon then sat back on the bed. "Mmm. I missed this." I said as I placed the spoon full of Nutella in my mouth.

I hadn't been able to eat Nutella throughout my entire pregnancy because Nara was just not having it. The one time I did try some I ended up throwing it up a few seconds later. It was horrible.

Nara had finally settled into a deep sleep after about 20 minuets. But I knew all to well that wouldn't last long. Titus placed her in her bassinet, then sat back in the chair. "This is crazy, we're actually parents."

I chuckled, "I know right."

His face fell as he got lost in his thoughts. "You know, I'm really sorry things didn't start off the best for us." I groaned, not wanting to have this conversation. "No Brinn I need to say this." I turned my head to the side, locking eyes with his. "I made a lot of mistakes by you, and deep down I'll always know I don't deserve you."

"Titus don't." I said, feeling the tears form in my eyes. He stood and walked towards me. "I don't want to make you cry so I'll stop, but just know I love you." He grabbed my hand and placed a kiss on my knuckles. "I love you too." His eyes lit up as he smiled.

Kohl, Rachel and Zander entered the room a few minutes later. Kohl ran towards me before I pulled him into a hug. Rachel held Nara in her arms as she and Titus had a heated conversation in Spanish. Rachel did most of the talking while Titus just stood and muttered a few words here and there.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "I hate when they do that. They know I can't understand half the shít they say. But Rachel insisted that Titus learn Spanish to take after her Colombian roots." Zander said as he stood next to me and Kohl.