27. Calm Before the Storm

The females chatted in the dining hall while waiting for the males to arrive so we could begin lunch. I was starving and ready to dig my teeth into just about anything. The plate of food directly in front of me wasn't helping my case either. I felt Lily's gaze on me occasionally, I just ignored her and continued chatting with Alex and Maci.

I was just about to walk out to the pack grounds and demand they hurry up, when the doors to the dining hall opened up. I eased in my chair and let out a sigh of relief. Maci and Alex stood and moved to their own seats.

The males crowded into the dining hall, eager to fill their stomachs. My father took his place at the head of the table with my mother to his right. He grabbed her hand and placed a kiss on the back of her hand.

Owen made his presence known by kicking me underneath the table. I snapped my head across the the table, glaring daggers at him. His lips twisted into a smirk. I was about to throw food at him when my father cleared his throat. He shot us both a stern look. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest.

I felt him before I saw him,Titus took the seat to my left. I felt my face heating up, when he casted his gaze down to my stomach. How's my pup? His words invaded my mind.

I rolled my eyes. Fine now stop staring at my stomach. You're going to draw attention.

He made a grumbling sound but switched his gaze elsewhere. We were so focused in our own conversation we didn't even notice that the whole room had already started eating.

My stomach growled, reminding me of my evident hunger. He narrowed his eyes at me. Eat. I want our pup to be strong and healthy. He demanded.

I scowled at him. I was about to. You don't have to worry about me eating...ever.

"What are you two talking about?" My mother asked curiously. I stuffed the burger into my mouth to avoid her question.

Titus shrugged, "Nothing." She eyed us suspiciously, but eventually dropped the subject.

We should tell them soon. I stared at him waiting for a response. After a few seconds in thought he eventually nodded in agreement.

***

After Lunch the warriors headed back to the training grounds to train. My mother and I were sitting in the living room watching a movie. My mother was focusing most of her attention on the book in her lap, but would occasionally look up from the book when something dramatic happened in the movie.

My mind was somewhere else. I played with a strand of hair while I stared outside of the window, debating on if it was good good time to inform my mom of my current "situation."

My mom sighed, "Okay, what's bothering you." I snapped my head in her direction. She closed her book the pushed it to the side, then grabbed the remote and muted the tv.

I shrugged, "Nothing." She tilted her head to the side, calling bullshít. "Brinnley..." She trailed off.

I stared down at my lap as a stray tear fell down my cheek. I heard her deep intake of breath. "Are you pregnant?"

I stared into her eyes through my cloudy vision. I took a deep breath then finally nodded. She sighed then scooted closer. "Brinn this is a good thing."

My tears turned into full on sobs. "I'm s-so scared momma." She brushed a stray strand of hair out of my face. "I know you feel like you aren't ready right now, and that's okay. You have a whole family full of support. You're going to be just fine my pup." She pulled me into her warm embrace.