1. Change In Scenery

^Brinn up top

Present Day...

Brinn POV

I stared down at the amber liquid in my red cup. When I looked up everything out of my peripheral was blurry and moving slow motion. The blaring of music didn't help my raging headache at all.

About to double over, I was held up by strong arms. I dropped my cup in the process, causing it to spill all over the floor. I turned around and was met with dark chocolate eyes. I wrapped my arms around my best friend neck.

"Carter." In my head, it came out perfectly but from the look Carter was giving me, I knew it was a slurred mess. "Brinn your parents are looking everywhere for you. They sent me to come get you." Carter is the son of my father's Beta and my best friend.

He threw me over his shoulder then headed for the front door, though that probably wasn't the best option. My head started to feel heavy from being upside down too long. Before I knew it, we were out of the house party and in front of Carter's car.

"Where are you taking her?" Stella asks as she stumbles out of the house. I came to the party with Stella. I'd like to think of us as friends, but in all honesty, we were just party buddies. She was the only one willing to take the risk of going to parties with me. Everyone else being too afraid of the consequences my father would dish out if we were to get caught.

"If alpha finds out you've been partying with Brinn, you'll be punished. So I suggest you head home as well." She held her head low then nodded.

Low blow Carter...

Why'd he have to pull the alpha card? That always ruins all the fun.

He placed me in the passenger seat then placed the seat belt around me. I rested my head against the car window as he entered the car and started up it up. "Brinn you need to stop this, I worry about you." He says as he drives off.

I roll my eyes. "You don't need to worry about me. Besides you have Genevieve now." His grip tightens on the wheel.

Carter found his mate a couple of weeks ago after his first shift. She was one of the she-wolves in our pack. But ever since, Carter and I's friendship has been distant. I would be lying if I said I wasn't hoping Carter was going to be my mate. We grew up together, a bond had already been made and to just have it torn apart...hurt. Out of respect of their relationship I've been staying away.

"Brinn..."

I shook my head. "It's okay, I get it."

He placed his hand on my shoulder. "You'll always be my best friend. Nothing will change that."

I sighed, "It better not." A smile slowly formed on my face.

He chuckled softly. He grabbed a water bottle out of the cup holder and handed it to me. "Here, you better sober up quick. Alpha Richard is pissed."

I remove the top and start to down the contents. My dad angry is not a good sight. Sadly, I've been making him angry a lot lately. It's never my intentions to upset my parents. My life has just been a mess recently.

I thought I had covered my tracks well enough for my parents to not notice my disappearance, but I guess not.

I winced as we pulled up in front of the pack house. Carter shot me a reassuring smile. "Come on."

As I exited the car I stumble forward, placing my hand on the car to steady myself. I remove my heels then place them in my hand. Carter walked with me following close behind him.

When we enter the house My parents stood at the threshold with their arms crossed. Carter gave me one last glance before he turned to the right then headed upstairs to his room.

"Listen I- " I started, only to be cut out by my dad's growls. If any of the pack members were asleep, well they're awake now. "Brinn!" He shouted.

A whimper escaped my mouth. I held my head low, showing my submission. My mom placed her hand and my dad's shoulder to calm him down. He closed his eyes then took a deep breath. "Brinn go to your room. We'll talk about this in the morning." My mom's sweet voice filled my ears.

"Yes momma."

I forced my legs to take me up to the third floor. The third floor is designated for the Alpha's family only. Before I reached my bedroom , I glanced across the hall to see my brother's bedroom light glowing under the door. I sighed, "Owen everything's fine. Go back to sleep." At the sound of my voice his light turned off.

I hated to have my family worry about me. I was becoming toxic to my family and I knew it. It was selfish of me to put my family through so much stress. I just wish they could understand how I felt.

I opened my door and walked in. I closed it then threw my shoes on the ground. Plopping on my bed, not worried about placing the blanket over me...I fell asleep.

***

When I woke up the next morning I was tucked into the bed and changed into my black pj's. I instantly knew this was my mom's doing. She was always taking care of her pups. No matter how much of a disappointment they were.

I threw my legs over the bed and stretched my arms out. I didn't even pay much mind to the raging ache in my head. I had become so accustomed to the pain that it didn't even phase me anymore.

My mom walked in holding a glass of water and two tablets. Probably pain reliever. She placed it on the nightstand than took a seat next to me on the bed. "We're going to have breakfast with just us this morning okay."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Okay."

We usually ate breakfast with the pack downstairs. But we would occasionally eat in our own dining room.

My mom ran her hand through my blonde hair and sighed. I got my blonde hair from my dad and my grey eyes from my mom.

"Is daddy mad at me?" I asked cautiously.

She shook her head. "No, he's just disappointed. We both are."

I held my head low.

My mom rubbed my back soothingly. "I get it sweetie. You're young and you want to have fun. Trust me I was your age before. But we're just afraid you'll make a mistake." I knew what she was inferring. Not saving myself for my mate.

"Get dressed and meet us in the dining room. She placed a kiss on my forehead then left my room.

I grabbed the tablets and water. Placing the tablets in my mouth, I let the cool water wash them down. I grabbed a pair black leggings and a maroon sweater out of my dresser then walk into my bathroom.

I stripped out of my clothes and hopped into the shower. When I was done with my shower I dried myself off and quickly change into my clothes. I slipped on my white converse and a black beanie. It's cold here in Minnesota especially since we were in the beginning of December.

I walk out of my room then headed in the direction of the dining room. When I entered, my dad was staring at the newspaper while my brother was stuffing his face with pancakes. You would think he would stop being a messy eater at fifteen but no. It's gotten worse.

As I sat down next to my brother my mom placed a plate in front of me. "Thank you."

She smiled then took her seat next to my dad. I grab the syrup and drizzle it on top of my pancakes. My dad suddenly put down his newspaper and stared directly at me. I handed the syrup to my brother then stared back at my dad. "What?"

"Are you having sex?" He asks bluntly.

What the...?

***

Hey guys! How was the first chapter? Things will be picking up very soon so stay tuned. Haha I didn't mean for that to rhyme lol.

Any song suggestions?

Don't forget to comment, vote, and share! 💙

Song:
Why'd you only call me when you're high? ~ Arctic Monkeys