Epilogue

6 years later

Brinn stared at her pups from the kitchen. Shaking her head in disapproval, she knew they had accumulated too much time inside all summer. She didn't want to be a strict parent, but she also knew she couldn't be their friend.

Nara sat on the couch with her back against Kohl's right shoulder and her knees to her chest. She sat the iPad on her knees as she played Sims. Kohl sat slouched next to her, repeatedly pressing the buttons of his Xbox controller.

Kohl now 11, had grown a lot of attention from the small females in his grade. Brinn being the protective mother she was didn't approve. She knew Kohl would grow to be a charmer, but didn't think it would happen so fast.

Titus walked into the house a few minutes later drenched in sweat from his workout. He walked over to Brinn and tried to pull her into a hug. Brinn being used to this routine turned around and gave him a warning look. "Don't you dare. Shower first." He rolled his eyes then pulled her into a hug regardless.

She squirmed out of his grip then glared. "Great now I have to take a shower." She groaned in annoyance. "It's okay, we can take one together." He said suggestively. Brinn glanced towards the pups, then back towards Titus.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Send them outside. They've been inside too long anyways."

"Why do I have to do it?" Brinn argued. Titus chuckled and placed a kiss on her plump lips. "I'll see you in the shower." He said with a wink before he left.

Brinn sighed then walked into the living room. "Okay you two listen up." Kohl instantly paused the game and focused his attention on Brinn, while Nara continued playing her game, paying Brinn no mind.

Kohl for the most part, followed instructions and did as he was told. Nara on the other hand was a sassy one, and always put up a fight.

Brinn grabbed the iPad from Nara and placed it on the fireplace's mantle. Nara turned and glared at Brinn ready to throw a tantrum, but before she could get to it, Brinn spoke up. "You guys need to go play outside for a little while."

They both groaned their disapproval. "What if I call Alex so Ellie and Felix can join?" They both shook their heads, no.

"You guys don't want to play with Ellie and Felix?" Brinn asked in confusion.

"No." They said in unison.

"Why not?"

Kohl was the first to speak up. "Well Ellie-" Before he could finish Nara had cut him off. Something he had grown used to. Nara had tended to test everyone's patience. But it seemed she enjoyed riling Kohl up the most. He had grown to become patient with her over the years.

"Felix is always crying. He's such a baby." Nara said while rolling her eyes. Brinn scolded Nara for her rude behavior then directed her attention towards Kohl. Nara sunk into her seat with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Ellie is a sore loser. She got angry when I won at UNO and hasn't spoken to me in a week."  Kohl explained.

"What does sore loser mean?" Nara asked as she straightened in her seat. "You." Kohl muttered under his breath.

"I'll tell you later sweetheart." Nara nodded eagerly, her shoulders length brown curly hair moving in the process. "Look either you go outside or you're going to grandma Rachel's house." At the mention of their grandmother they sat up and began putting their shoes on to go outside. They both loved their grandma dearly, but they knew Rachel could be a little...overbearing. Between the constant kisses and cheek grabs, they knew outside was the better option.